Part 15

Gulf winced in pain as his wrist was gripped by Bright, way too hard. A voice intervened, causing Bright's grip to loosen. Gulf turned around and saw Leo there, looking upset. Leo's unexpected presence surprised Gulf, who was now realizing that Leo had witnessed everything.

"This is none of your business," Bright lowered his voice, then proceeded to pull Gulf.

Thankfully, Leo stepped in front of Bright, halting their movement. He was determined to take Gulf away from this guy.

"Move," Bright showed an upset expression, causing him to grip Gulf's wrist even harder.

"Let him go," Leo's voice became scarier.

For a moment, Bright saw his life flash in front of him, so he let go of Gulf's hand. Gulf held his wrist, rubbing the pain away. Leo moved closer to Gulf and went to take his hand but was stopped by Bright.

"Excuse me, you don't have the right to disturb things between me and my fiancée," Bright smirked as if he knew who Gulf was to Leo. Leo turned to face Bright, his eyes darkening; one more step, and he would punch Bright right there.

"I don't think he is your fiancé, seeing how scared he is with you," Leo spat out. He was seeing red when Bright came closer to Gulf and hurt him.

"Why don't we ask the main character?" Bright said, pushing Leo's hand away. Leo wanted to argue, but then he remembered his identity at the moment. He took a deep breath and looked at Gulf.

"Well, my fiancée... Come have dinner with me," Bright offered his hand. Gulf knew he needed to take Bright's hand, but he was scared. Scared that Bright would do anything to him, considering he had just hurt him. But, he had no way out. Following Bright was the only way.

"I—" Gulf started but was cut off.

"You don't need to follow anyone's order. You choose your own life. I can bring you home," Leo commented as if he knew what was going on in Gulf's head. Gulf turned to see Leo's eyes, and it reminded him so much of Ja's eyes. Something clicked in Gulf's head.

Gulf knew Ja would be disappointed in him if he chose to be a slave again. Taking a deep breath, Gulf turned to Bright and spoke up.

"I'm sorry, Bright. I look like a mess right now, so I better go home. We can have dinner another time," Gulf rejected politely, trying not to hurt anyone's feelings.

Bright's eyes darkened. He then quickly pulled Gulf by the elbow.

"You think you have the right to reject me?" Bright lowered his voice.

"Don't touch him!" Leo punched Bright on the cheek. This took Bright by surprise, causing him to let go of Gulf's hand. Gulf gasped at the action. Leo quickly pulled Gulf behind him.

"He already made his choice. You should go before I do the same thing on the other cheek," Leo raised his voice.

Bright wiped his bloody mouth. He was laughing when he saw the blood.

"You will be dead," Bright pointed at Gulf before leaving. Gulf was shocked at the scene.

"Are you okay?" Leo quickly took Gulf's wrist to check for any injuries.

"I... I am fine... Thank you," Gulf pulled his hand from Leo.

"If you were so scared of him, why would you want to get married to him?" Leo's voice was soft but stern.

"I... I don't want to get married. Even if I do, it's not him," Gulf confessed. Hearing this, Leo brightened up.

"It's good you were able to choose wisely," Leo smiled widely. Gulf only nodded in response.

"I should go..." Gulf turned around and left. Leo stopped Gulf by offering him a ride, but Gulf told him that it was best for him to go back home alone considering the people at the house knew that he was supposed to be with Bright. Being with another man would make it worse.

Gulf arrived at his room. He couldn't see Jane or Arthit, so it was a good sign for him to stay at home. He was scared that what if they found out Leo punched Brigh.? Would they take Leo's side, considering Leo is First's boyfriend, or take Bright's side, the one who has money?

Gulf sat down on his bed after taking a bath. He pulled out a box from underneath his bed and opened it. The box was full of Ja's letters and their pictures together. He pulled out one letter which was burned for a bit. It was the letter that Ja had written but never got to be sent. Today, he missed Ja so much. How he wished Ja was with him right now.

Suddenly, Gulf's door was opened wide with force.

"Gulf!" Jane yelled out. Gulf stood up, surprised at Jane's tone.

"P'Jane..." Gulf called out.

"You bastard! You think you have the right to reject Bright?!" Jane came closer and slapped Gulf on the cheek. Gulf held his cheek, and his eyes became teary.

"P... I... I—" Gulf started but then he was cut off.

"Shut up! I don't want to hear a thing! You will marry him, understand?!" Jane yelled out.

"But, P... I didn't love him... How could I marry him?" Gulf's voice cracked. Hearing this, Jane was dumbfounded. Then she started laughing.

"Love? Love?!" Jane laughed. But then her expression changed when she saw a box on top of Gulf's bed.

"Oh, I know now," Jane took the box. Gulf's eyes widened when he saw Jane take the box.

"This is the reason, right? You still haven't forgotten this bastard boy," Jane shook the box. Gulf shook his head, figuring out what to do to get the box.

"Fine. Then, I'll just destroy it," Jane walked away with the box.

"P'! Don't!" Gulf called out, hurrying to catch up with Jane.

Jane came out to the yard and threw it on the ground. Then, she pulled out a lighter and took one of the letters.

"P'! Stop!" Gulf ran, but then he was held by two of Jane's security.

"P'! Please... I beg you... Ja has nothing to do with this," Gulf begged.

Jane then lit up one of the letters. The letter was on fire, and Gulf was crying hard.

"Ja! Ja! P'! Stop! Please!" Gulf was trying hard to move towards the box, but he was held strong. One letter was burned, and Jane took another letter, but this time it was a burnt letter, and Gulf knows what that is.

"P'! Please!" Gulf yelled out, but Jane still stayed quiet. When the letter got closer to the fire, Gulf spoke up.

"I will marry him!"

TBC