A Most Mysterious Matter

Mysterious matters such as these simply must be told.

That's why I, the one and only Cheshire Celeste, have written down every little detail concerning the Forest Fairy, and the girl who found her, Delaney Dawson, to make sure people like you read it and understand just how mysterious this world really is. And, even more so, are its people.

Truth is, there are a fair few out there that are just as amazingly imaginative as they are. I expect you may be one of them. After all, you're the one who chose to read this book. If though, you are a normal person looking for a normal book to read, a mystery that covers the familiar and knows nothing of the unknown wonders of the world, I would advise you to stop reading and find a book that doesn't venture beyond the comfort zone of normality. Because my books, these stories, these most mysterious matters, include nothing but seemingly dreadful findings by the oddest and curious of young people, who come to realise that the dreadful findings may not be so dreadful after all.

There are, however, always times in these tales that make even me a little worried, a fleeting moment of hesitation, when things look absolutely impossible to overpower. Even so, I have sworn to myself never to interrupt the way the story goes, and at the very last, perfect minute, they always seem to end in the best ways. And, of course, the word impossible has no true meaning.

This is what I do, readers. I am the girl in red with tales of dread, writing account after account of the unimaginable and wonderful things I've seen. I live to inspire. I think I'll do a good job of it.

So, I will begin this most mysterious matter by taking you as close to the beginning to where it all started as possible... which is when Delaney Dawson found the Forest Fairy.