Prologue

Rayman, or Ramon rather, hadn't realized he had blacked out. In the panic of his escape after his killing spree, he had made it out the back door and collapsed in the alley, short of breath. His heart was pounding, he had really done it. His stone cold killer persona had faded and his actions finally weighed on him. He collapsed in a heap.

Now he was awake again, lying face down on the pavement. He couldn't tell how long it had been, perhaps only a few hours. He tried to get up, struggling to his feet. Though he lacked any real legs, he found it hard to keep himself afloat as his left foot began to give way. Walking out of the alley was the first challenge. Though it was more of a hobble. Left foot, right foot, one, two, simple and instinctual instructions became hard to follow. Ramon was in a trance, a dreamlike state. He couldn't stop thinking about the brutality he committed. As deserved as it was, which it was very, Ramon couldn't stand to think of it. The blood spraying, the bullets flying, the bodies falling limp and breathless. 

He had enjoyed it.

Ramon kneeled over and hurled his guts onto the curb. Every thought had come rushing back to him, he remembered it so clearly. "T-that frog..." were the only words he could muster up. He remembered the green assassin, sitting patiently in the electric chair, awaiting his death penalty. That was the final straw before Ramon had lost it. He couldn't bear to see an innocent hybrid executed on live TV, not with his face at the forefront. He hoped the frog had made it out in the end. 

Ramon's head felt heavy and his legs suddenly went numb. He tumbled over, for the third time this afternoon. He hit the ground hard, sending a shock all down his spine, incapacitating him. He simply laid there now, inches from the end of the alley. He reached out with one hand towards the traffic, desperate for any attention he could draw. He wouldn't die here, he couldn't. He didn't care if he'd be persecuted for his crimes, he refused to let it end like this. A shadow coated his vision and Ramon finally went under. Unbeknownst to him, the figure lifted him over his shoulder and took one look back before disappearing deeper into the empty back alleys of Eden.

Bullfrog hadn't intended on finding him there. The sudden chaos that ensued once the public realized what had happened to the council gave him the perfect opportunity to escape. He skillfully cut a hole in his glass cage, the alarms going unheard among the populace fleeing the building in fear. Out the cage, grab a few juice boxes (no time to be picky), through the window and down into the alley. Plan successful. But he found a familiar face, clawing his way toward the daylight. His beige coat was covered in blood and his sweatpants were ripped from dragging along the course pavement. Bullfrog could put 2 and 2 together, and he was impressed. The famous poster boy did what Bullfrog doubted anyone could. He felt twinge of pride knowing he had inspired him to take action, but it was quickly followed by a crushing guilt, seeing the hybrid in the state he was in now. The running mob had begun as the flood doors opened and released the panicked crowd into the city. This place would be overrun in moments, Bullfrog had to get out. If anyone were to see him, he'd be framed as the killer. But Rayman was in danger. He couldn't leave a comrade behind. Hoisting him over his shoulder, he sprinted away from the scene, slowed significantly from the extra weight. And he was gone, the noise trailing off behind him and his newly acquired companion.

Writers Note: Thx for reading! this was really just an introduction, the next chapter will be longer and a little more cute and stuff! This is really just my way of getting these two character obsessions out of my system. If you like it, stick around, there will be more!