C H A P T E R 3 ( life is getting interesting)

In the rhythmic dance of life, the decision to return to university marked a significant juncture, a pivot toward the structured pursuit of knowledge while attempting to maintain the spontaneity that defined my vlogging escapades. The vlog, a sanctuary turned financial haven, drew me into the whirlwind of social media stardom. Now, as academia beckoned, I found myself treading a delicate line between textbooks and unscripted moments.

Amidst these shifts, candid conversations about mental health with friends took center stage. The vlog, initially a canvas for sharing snippets of life, had evolved into a platform for exploring the intricacies of my emotions. Friends, genuinely concerned about the toll of public scrutiny on my well-being, offered perspectives that fueled reflections on authenticity and self-preservation.

In the midst of these conversations, a call from my sister escalated into a heated argument. She dismissed my sexuality as mere delusions, a viewpoint I vehemently rejected. This familial discord added another layer of complexity to my emotional landscape, leaving me grappling with the dual challenges of acceptance and the pursuit of authenticity.

As I prepared to reenter the academic arena, questions loomed large. Would education be a balm for the wounds of familial discord and internal conflicts? Or would it introduce new complexities to the delicate balance I sought between academia and burgeoning social media presence?

The chapters of my life unfolded, and each vlog entry became a snapshot of the evolving narrative—blurring the lines between the personal and the public in a tale of resilience, education, and the enduring pursuit of authenticity.

Amidst these transitions, another uncharted territory awaited—a seemingly ordinary dinner with Xiaomi. The clinking of cutlery and forced small talk painted a canvas of discomfort. Xiaomi, with her cultured demeanor, attempted to bridge the gap between us, but the conversation felt like an awkward dance with no rhythm or harmony.

As the evening progressed, the tension became palpable. Awkward pauses were almost deafening, and I sensed Xiaomi's frustration beneath her polite smile. Then, in a moment that unintentionally revealed my true emotions, my attention drifted to my phone, and a sassy smile spread across my face.

Curiosity sparkled in Xiaomi's eyes as she noticed my sudden change in demeanor. "What are you smiling at?"

Caught off guard, I decided to add a dash of Scorpio vibes to the situation. "Just some memories that are better than this conversation."

Her puzzled expression begged for an explanation, but my eyes remained glued to the screen. Xiaomi's gaze followed mine, and her expression shifted from curiosity to disbelief as she saw me smiling at one of Xander's interviews.

"What are you doing?" she exclaimed, her voice laced with a mix of confusion and frustration.

In that charged moment, words failed me. Xiaomi's frustration escalated, demanding an explanation, and I found myself grappling with the complexity of the situation. How could I convey that the smile wasn't about her but about the flood of memories stirred by the interview?

As Xiaomi's voice grew louder, my inner Scorpio reveled in the chaos. "I'm just reminiscing about a time when conversations were interesting," I retorted, offering a sassy response.

The dinner, intended as an attempt at connection, had morphed into a battlefield of misunderstanding. In that surreal moment, I faced a choice—reveal the truth about the lingering sentiments for Xander or try to salvage the evening by steering the conversation in a different direction.

The chapters of my life seemed to converge in this awkward dinner, a clash of past and present, tradition and authenticity. The unresolved questions hung in the air, waiting for answers that would shape the narrative yet to unfold.