Chapter 23 ❤️

" No Man Is Rich Enough To Buy Back His Past " - Oscar Wilde

- Short Chapter

Pat POV

POW.POW.POW

Jaquan Picked Me Up And Ran Towards The Car , My Heart Fell To My Ass And I Didnt Know What Was Going On . He Grabbed The Keys From Me And Tossed Me In The Front Seat , Running To The Other Side He Drove Off The Beach And Stopped In A Empty Parking Lot .

" What I Told You About Doing That Shit ? You Know I Aint Doing You Wrong , So What You Mad For ? I Almost Lost You Back There , And I Aint Ready To See You Laid Up In The Hospital Bed With A Bullet Wound In You ! Ima Need You To Tighten Tf Up ! " He Yelled .

He Never Yelled At Me Before , But I Finally Had Nothing To Say For The First Time . I Looked At Him And I Could Tell He Was Really Mad , The Vein In His Neck Popping Out And Sweat Building Up On His Forehead .

" Im Sorry " I Mumbled .

" Yo Ass Better Be Fucking Sorry " He Said While Driving Back To The House .

I Dont Feel Guilty , My Name Is Patricia But I Do Feel Bad . I'll Make It Up Though , I Always Do . We Got Home And He Slammed The Door And Walked Inside The House , Walking Up The Stairs I Was Right Behind Him .

" Patricia Carter , Leave Me Alone Before I Say Something Ima Regret "

I Took That As My Cue To Clear It , I Grabbed My Keys And Went To Go Pick Up My Baby From Dasia's House . My Brother The Real MVP For Making Me A Key , I Walked In And Seen Dasia Cooking And The Kids Eating In Their Highchair .

" Girl What Happened ? "

" I Dont Know , I Guess We're Not Talking At This Moment . Idk " I Said Honestly .

I Picked Baby Quan And He Starting Smiling " How's Mommy Baby ? " He Smiled Again And I Put Him Back .

" Aye , Where Quan At ? " I Turned Around And Seen Jabari Walking Inside The House .

" He Was At The House Before I Left "

" He Aint There Now " Lord Knows I Didnt Wanna Trip Because I Know He'd Be Safe But Deep Inside I Was Having A Panic Attack .

" He'll Be Home , He Wouldnt Not Wanna See His Fiancé And His Baby . Now Come Eat This Food And We'll Watch Black-ish " I Laughed At Hard She Was Trying To Make Me Forget Whats Going On .

Jaquan POV

" Who Are You Here To See ? "

" Makayla Harris " I Said Giving The Nurse My ID .

" She's Been Moved Into A Regular Room , She's Been Progressing Good Sir " I Smiled And Grabbed My Sticker Walking To Her Room .

The Fact That I Cant Even Help Her Is Bugging Me , Your Child Could Potentially Dying And You Cant Do Shit . I Shook My Head And Opened The Door To Her Room .

" You Must Be Her Father ? " I Nodded My Head And Seen Tasia Sitting On The Chair Crying Against The Wall .

" Like I Was Telling Her Mother , She's Been Progressing From The Medicine We Gave Her . Just A Little Faith And She'll Be Back To New , Trust Me " I Dapped Him Up And He Left .

I Came Here To Get Away From Everything , And Now The Cause Of All This Is Right Here Infront Of Me . I Mugged Her And She Gave Me A Sad Look .

" I Aint With This Shit Today , You Gone Find Yoself In Yo Own Hospital Bed Dont Try Me " I Told Her .