2

Waking up to the smell of food cooking was something unusual for me. James always made me make breakfast and if I didn't, well he would get really angry with me. Once he even hit me and told me to go in the kitchen because I was a woman. I never did anything about it though.

I pushed the dark blanket off of me and went to use the bathroom. I went to reach for the toilet paper but there wasn't any. Great.

"Niall!?" He probably wouldn't hear me. I heard footsteps rush into the bedroom a few minutes later.

"Paige?"

"In here!" I yelled back.

"What's wrong?" His Irish accent asked threw the door.

I stayed quiet for a while, it was embarrassing.

"I..I need some toilet paper."

Niall walked over to a cupboard and took out a roll of it.

"Here, I will leave it by the door and leave."

Niall walked away and I heard the bedroom door close behind him. I hurried over to the door and grabbed the toilet tissue and ran back.

After I was finished, I tied my hair in a messy bun and went to find Niall. I walked down the hallway to find Niall standing in boxers and no shirt.

"Niall! I'm sorry!" I threw my hands over my eyes and turned around.

He chuckled and walked over to me.

"Here. I made you breakfast, do you like pancakes and eggs?"

"Of course ! Thank you."

Niall handed me the plate and we both walked over to the table and sat down. We began talking about our lives. I found out that Niall's parents lived in Ireland and that is where he is from.

"I don't exactly talk to my family." I whispered.

"Oh." Niall took another bite of his eggs. "It must be hard."

"Actually I ran away from them." I stared down at my plate and picked at my food.

"Why?"

"They told me I couldn't be with him. That was a mistake."

"Oh I'm sorry." Niall looked sorry.

"It's okay Niall."

He came over to me and took my plate.

"I better be going. Thanks for everything."

"Please don't leave." Niall placed his hand on my shoulder.

"James is going to get angry with me and ask where I was."

"Okay just promise me you will call me if anything happens."

I nodded and went to his room to change back into my clothes, they were dry by now. I typed Niall's number into my iPhone and folded his clothes and set them on the bed. Once I was finished I put my TOMS on and walked over to Niall.

"Thank you for everything. We should talk more." I smiled and hugged him in a friendly way.

"Anytime Paige, just text me if you need anything."

"Ok." I walked out the door turning around to wave and I headed down toward James house. It was only around the block.

When I reached the driveway I noticed James' car was there. I was hoping he wasn't home but it was too late to run back to Niall. James was watching me through the window. His brown hair was in a little quiff. As I approached the door I began shaking. I went to place my hand on the handle when the door swung open and he was standing there.

"Where have you been?" James asked me, unusually calm.

"I stayed at Rachel's house."

James went to give me a hug and I cringed. He immediately pulled away and put his hands on my shoulders and looked at me confused.

"Why do you smell like cologne?" Oh no.

"I do?" I put a fake smile on my face.

"Yes. Now get away from me." James nudged me to the side.

I went up to our bedroom, undressed, and got into the shower. My wrists started to burn and I began crying. Honestly I missed Niall. I've only known him for one day, but I feel safe with him.

The warm water washed away my tears and I got out. I dressed myself and decided to check my phone.

From Niall: Just checking up on you. How as everything?

I smiled at the kind text.

Me: I'm okay. I think James is still upset with me. Do you want to hang out later?

I had this feeling that I haven't felt in a long time. Maybe I had a thing for him.

***

It was about 7 when I was about ready to go out with Niall. I sat in the bedroom the whole time I was home. Suddenly my phone starting ringing. It was Niall.

"Im here."

"Okay. Where are we going?"

"I was going to take you out to eat."

"Perfect, I will be down in a minute."

I tried to avoid James on the way to the door and I got lucky. He had already left for the bar. My purse was sitting on the table so I grabbed it and walked out the door.

Niall was in his car when I walked towards it. His hair was in a quiff and he was wearing a black guy v-neck and dark jeans.

"You look lovely." Niall said causing me to blush.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"I'll take you to a restaurant on the other side of town."

The sun was setting and the light was shinning in our faces. Niall pulled two pairs of sunglasses out of the dashboard. When we were at a traffic light, he turned to face me and placed his other glasses on me. I smiled and rubbed his hand.

We pulled into a parking lot and waited to go in. Niall turned to face me and began talking.

"You look amazing tonight." He smiled.

"Niall you already said that." I giggled.

I was wearing a navy blue sun dress with a brown belt. My outfit was paired with black TOMS.

"Let's go inside." Niall came over and grabbed my hand.

That was just the beginning of a fun night.