the one that got away

"In another life.."

***Funeral day***

The dark clouds gathered, dancing on the tunes of melancholy, thunder depicting the aches and desperate cries. Even the heavens were crying. The game of destiny was always surprising. How unfair it was when they buried one body yet two souls.

***Pov***

*It was getting dark as I rested my head on the gravestone. I sighed as I saw everyone leaving one by one *

"why is it this way hun? "

*I whispered, voice too tired to come out as a proper sentence as a sob broke through leaving my words halfway unsaid. As I continued*

"I'm surrounded by people, yet, I'm all alone.. "

*Courage is what took my whole strength, just maybe you'd hear me, just maybe..*

" I hope you aren't the same tho...yk as I'm watching these rain drops kiss your gravestone oh so gently...all I want is to be dissolved in them ...maybe just then I'd be able to touch you beneath the earth..feel you Beneath the miseries..."

*I caressed the photograph in my hand as more and more tears escaped my eyes getting camouflaged by the rain as I hiccuped*

" people fear staying at the graveyard at night... I'm ready to spend nights, months, years here if that's the only way I can be with you.."

*I chuckled bitterly as I continued, my heart ached , my life shattering every second..*

" did you meet the moon hun? I'm sure it wouldn't be so jealous for, now he too with me is mourning the death of the one he was compared to.."

*The voices in my head were getting louder and louder..what am I supposed to do without him? How am I supposed to continue without him?*

"Can you hear me? I still remember our last day together..the memory about us is still fresh"

**12 hours before**

"Hide well babe, I'm gonna find you!!"

I held my breath making sure I'm hidden well, ain't no way I'm letting him win this time too.

It was all good until I felt something fall on my shoulder....no... horrified, I screamed out for my boyfriend as he responded by breaking into a fit of laughter

"Omg baby did you just look at your face???? It was so funny"

He said between the laughs, to be honest I would have kicked his ass but then I saw that demonic creature on the ground and the panic filled in again resulting in me reaching out for the chair as I climbed upon it

" Cmere bub it won't do anything" he said finally breaking out of his laughing terance

"n-no!! It's still there, what if it crawls upto me!?"

I shuttered out gripping the chair tightly.

"It won't , besides you just need to take a step towards me and I'd already be running to you"