03-- tired laugh

Friday arrived much earlier than I had expected, the week was alright, nothing amusing happened other than Deena completely trying to brainwash me into thinking that I got a crush on one of the brothers, it was all okay. Both of us had matching outfits for tonight, mine was a onion pink suit with floral print and Deena had the same exact suit just in the light green shade, our grandma had gifted us the dress and we couldn't find a better opportunity to try out the beautiful looking dresses. I had my hair down while Deena on the other hand, had her hair beautifully braided, it matched her look well. The makeup was just a simple touch up, it was just that we didn't knew how to do it and just doing it out of impulse would mean to ruin our entire look for tonight.

It was already 8 and the get together would be started at 8:30 or some, soon people started filling the empty halls; our grandma, aunt's and lastly our dear cousin, Sahar; she was older to us but we three got along really well.

All arrived, the time was ticking and aunt was patiently waiting for her friends to come over quickly, Farzana auntie and her had gotten a lot more closer by time. She had invited them, all three of them, Farzana auntie, Adnan and Noman, the two never really came over to our house other than Noman who came over a few times with Danish.

At last, the three arrived. Aunt was really happy to see them, me and Deena, we were happy with Farzana auntie being there, but the guys, not so much. Judging by the look of their faces, it almost looked like auntie had forced them to come and get along with other kids.

At the daster, me, Deena and Sahar di, we sat together. We already knew something was going to go wrong at this point, and it did; the dinner was almost at its end and we all thought finally, just finally we didn't embarrass ourselves in front of others by either laughing out loud or just doing something stupid, but of course, when I was delightedly munching on the desert, the situation was already funny but when I looked up and just as I stared at a women sitting across the dastar, her desert fell out of her bowl and being in a rush she hurriedly scooped the desert back in the bowl, just seeing that made me laugh, I looked to my side where Sahar di was present, she too was trying to hold her laugh and seeing that made me spit the desert out and burst out in laughing, seeing me laugh, Deena and Sahar di started laughing along; everyone stared at us in a weird manner.

After that every time we recalled the incident we burst out laughing anytime, it was as if our life was calling for us to laugh.

Soon the darkness of the skies took over the minds of everyone around us, gradually everyone started leaving for their respective homes, even till the end me and Deena we were just laughing like anything. The house which was filled with people a few moments ago was now dead silent with just the lingering moments which were made this very day, right here. It was almost midnight but there were some people still left at the house, Farzana auntie, Adnan and Noman; well for Farzana auntie we can understand it's her friend's home, she can even stay over no problem but the her two sons, you can certainly say that we had some real problem here.

Soon Farzana auntie and aunt went on talking and recalling their old days together, they left all the kids in a room alone, we all went to the same school, a cherry on top was me, Deena and Adnan were in the same class while Danish and Noman were in the same class together. It was only normal if they thought we knew each other and are friends, but it was surely not true, judging by the dead silence in the room, the silence wasn't a comfortable one to be in, it was rather really awkward and uncomfortable.

Danish was more of a extrovert between me and Deena, it was usually his idea to do something or play a game together, this time too, he suggested we play a game now the question was which game. I wasn't so fond of outdoor games and board games always meant asking for a fight, someone would definitely not play fair and that'll not end up good for us.

'So what game?' Deena spoke as I rested my face on the palm of my right hand and closed my eyes, the day was already tiring enough, now we have to play along with kids we really don't know so well. I had an idea but I was sure no one would want to play the game, it was Ouija Board, all three of us were really fond of playing ghost games, it was intriguing and fun. Horror was mostly my forfeit, it never failed to show me people's true nature, you know it's my way to find if the person is a scaredy-cat or not, Deena loved the horror but she was also a big scaredy-cat out of us.

Pulling Deena's sleeve, I whispered in her ear, I wasn't confident enough to say my idea out loud or I just didn't find me saying something ordinary in this situation.

'how about ouija board?' My voice was really low but as I had whispered in her ear, she definitely heard what I wanted to convey, but then again just how could she let this go easily. She was nowhere near telling the guys about my plan, she rather wanted me to ask them myself.

Gathering all my courage, I let out a low sigh, Danish saw me sighing and he took up the chance to finally ask something.

'What's with the sigh, Isa?' Just as he asked, all looked in my direction and I was not the person who would like to get attention from anyone, literally anyone, as an act out of nervousness I had this habit of biting my lips really hard.

'uh..how about we play the ouija board? I mean it's fun and not really scary for anyone' I finished my statement and it looked like they actually found the idea as a ray of hope in the dark tunnel.

'Sure!' Danish was the first to agree, later on everyone agreed and I took out the board from my side of the closet, I always found these type of things fun and interesting, you know if ghosts do exist in this human world, and if they do, how about we call them for a talk there's no loss in that.