╔NINE╗

"I would like to invite you to go on a date with me, Diamond," Taehyung said, intertwining his fingers with Jungkook's. Ky, filled with resentment, seethed and scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Jungkook's lips instinctively parted, processing the words he had just heard. It took him a few moments to fully grasp that Taehyung had just asked him out on a date.

Despite everything that had happened, the request seemed so casual, as if nothing had ever occurred. This caught Jungkook off guard, causing him to immediately stand up and prompt Taehyung to release his hold on Jungkook's waist.

"W-what? N-no!" Jungkook objected, turning to face Taehyung and taking a step back as Taehyung approached. He noticed the hint of frown on Taehyung's face, which made him nervously gulp, fearful that Taehyung didn't want to hear a rejection.

Taehyung's jaw clenched as he shot Jungkook a sharp look, then shifted his gaze to Ky, who wore a smuggy expression on his face. This greatly annoyed Taehyung, as it made him feel like Ky was disrespecting him and implying that Jungkook would never feel the same way about Taehyung as he did about Ky.

"It's alright," Taehyung began, his angry expression transforming into a mischievous one, accompanied by a small smirk.

"After all, I have him all to myself for the entire trip to Chicago." Playfulness laced his voice as he looked at Jungkook. "Looks like it's just you and me against the world, baby," Taehyung concluded with a wink.

Ky scoffed. "Oh please. It's been four whole years. Can't you just move on and stop meddling in our lives?" He spat out angrily, causing Taehyung to emit a dry laugh that almost seemed like he was mocking Ky's words.

"If I had moved on, I wouldn't be standing here now, trying to win back my husband," Taehyung sneered, sniffed, and then glanced back at Jungkook

"I also wanted you to move in with me, but I don't want to pressure you into doing something you don't want," Taehyung clarified, taking out a packet of cigarettes and placing one between his plump rosy lips.

Ky took a deep breath, suppressing his anger, and lit the cigarette with the lighter Taehyung had given him. He felt a pang inside as Taehyung affectionately ran his fingers through his hair, treating him like a pet.

"You're still the same as you were four years ago, always following my orders. Some things never change, huh?" Taehyung remarked, pulling the cigarette out and blowing the smoke gently onto Ky's face, a slight smirk still playing on his lips.

Jungkook stood there awkwardly, observing Taehyung pushing Ky's boundaries with that playful smile that seemed to never fade. And damn, the way Taehyung exhaled the smoke was attractive. Jungkook swallowed hard, looking down at his feet, unsure of what he could do to intervene.

"Please feel free to go now, as I assume that your purpose of provoking me and Jungkook has been fulfilled," Ky coldly stated, returning the lighter to Taehyung before turning his attention to his perplexed boyfriend.

"Ohno, I regret to inform you that I will be staying here tonight," Taehyung stated with feigned sadness evident in his tone and expression.

"What? No! You can't stay here," Jungkook growled, although he tightly sealed his lips upon receiving an intimidating glare from Taehyung. Jungkook whined, looking at his boyfriend. "Ky, please tell him he can't stay here!" Jungkook protested with a slight pout.

"It appears that I must remind you once again that I do not require anyone's permission to be with my spouse," Taehyung asserted deeply, exhaling smoke while speaking with a somber tone.

"Don't refer to me as that! Our marriage was coerced!" Jungkook snapped, breathing heavily as the memories from four years ago flooded back, causing his entire body to tremble as he averted his gaze, avoiding eye contact with Taehyung.

Taehyung grumbled, taking out his car keys and flinging them at Ky. "My car is right outside. Instead of just watching me, go and park it," Taehyung commanded, his eyes fixed on Jungkook.

Ky muttered a few curses quietly, feeling disheartened by how he had allowed himself to be dominated by Taehyung's authority. Reluctantly, Ky admitted to himself that he was dreadfully afraid of the monster that Taehyung once was.

Or perhaps he still is?