15. Hide & Seek

Happy Reading!!

_______________________________

Naruto rushed towards the direction of Sasuke's chakra. It was around the Hokage's office. He went to a nearby building and hid himself to spy on Sasuke's activities. Naruto's heart raced with the excitement of finally seeing Sasuke. 

After a few minutes, he saw a tall figure dressed up in all black walking on the terrace of Hokage's office. Sasuke, you are finally here! His heart almost skipped a beat when he saw Sasuke standing on the roof. He was gazing at the mountain heads. Naruto placed his hand on his chest to calm his beating heart and slow down his hefty breaths. 

Sasuke stood on the roof for a while in the same position, the funny thing was that he also placed his hand on his chest, Naruto noticed it and felt a little tingle in his heart. Are you just as excited to meet me Sasuke?

Sasuke made sure his heart was calm enough and started climbing the mountain. He reached the top within a few seconds. He then entered the Headquarters expecting to see Naruto any second. Naruto was following Sasuke but made sure not to make an appearance soon, he wanted to know for sure what Sasuke was here for, or rather he wanted to see Sasuke crave for him a little more.

Sasuke entered the huge hall which was buzzing with several ninjas - mostly genins, chunins, and a few academy students volunteering for the event. He made his way towards the reception to inquire about Naruto. "Naruto-San? I did not see him around but he must be on the 3rd floor.", the receptionist answered.

"Ari Gato". Sasuke rushed to the third floor. He was getting more and more impatient now that he was so close. He went on to see many kids dressed up in green and orange with toad sigils on their vests.

"Sasuke Senpai, Is that you?", Konohamaru asked shockingly.

"Yes, and you are?" 

"I'm Sarutobi Konohomaru. I hope you remember me. You look just as Naruto Nii-chan describes you. That's how I recognized you. Also because of the missing arm."

"Naruto you say, where is he?"

"He went on to complete some errand, although he may be just lying and eating ramen in Ichiraku right now. Should have been here by now. Does he know you're in the village? He'd be here in a heartbeat if he knew! I would have gone to find him, but since Naruto Nii-chan's not here, I have to coordinate the activities for the event."

"That's okay, there's no rush. I will wait around." He said so, but immediately left the complex to look for Naruto.

Naruto was secretly spying on this whole conversation. So he is searching for me? I did so much more to find him back then, let him sweat a little more. He followed Sasuke around in the village from a distance.

Sasuke was strolling through the village in anticipation. Everything appeared new now, but the vibe was the same old. He saw children running around, and young girls gazing at him while passing by. The village was buzzing with crowds from all 5 nations and there was fare in the market given the event. He was avoiding interaction with any of the familiar faces as he still wasn't comfortable being in Konoha, he dreaded being looked at as a hostile figure. He somehow found his way to Ichiraku's Ramen, but to his disappointment, Naruto wasn't there. 

With the smell of the ramen, several memories came rushing to Sasuke. He paused near the stool and saw his childhood with Team 7, the several pranks that were played on Kakashi right in this stall, the eating competitions with Naruto, and whatnot. He was too engrossed in the memory lane when old man Teuchi called his name for the 3rd time. "Sasuke-kun, it is you! It's been so long!" Sasuke was surprised the old man remembered him.