The Training Montage

"You know were going to have to train like hell to pass those UA entrance exams, right?"

"I know. But it will be worth it."

Daiki POV:

And so, the training begun. Everyday after school, I would go out to the forest and train, testing the limits of my body and quirk until it got dark. At home me an Az would discuss training techniques with Dad. He was fully supportive of us trying to get into UA and even gave us a few pointers on how we could use our quirks.

Azuken would train elsewhere to me. I had no idea where he went or what he would do for training, but it seemed to be good.

However, over the next few weeks, I noticed some changes. Az looked more tired and worn out than usual, which I supposed could of just been the insomnia or his training, but I wasn't so sure. The bags underneath his eyes had become more noticeable by the day. I was going to have to ask him about that at some point.

One day, I was training in the woods, when I got a phone call. I sighed when I saw the number.

Why does she always do this?

I picked it up, knowing I had no choice.

"What the hell do you want, Sayuri?" I growled.

"Now now, is that anyway to talk to your own mother, Daiki?"

"Shut the hell up. You are not my mother and you never will be."

"Mhhhmmmm..."

"Answer the question."

"Well, a little birdie told me that you were trying to get into UA, and I thought I could give you a bit of help..."

"What do you mean?"

"I can easily get you in through recommendations. I am, after all, the Number 9 Hero."

"Uh-huh. And I'm guessing this isn't including Az?"

"Pah! Like I'd help that monster!"

"HE'S NOT A MONSTER! AND I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP! WE'LL BOTH GET INTO UA AND PROVE YOU WRONG!"

I hung up, breathing heavily. I hated her so much. Why couldn't she just accept Az?

I stared up at the sky with my one good eye. The sun was setting. I sprinted back home, knowing full well that Dad would be making pizza as a special Friday treat.

When I got home, he just chucked me an apron and just said, "Come on. W've got pizza to make."

Azuken was already standing in the kitchen, kneading the dough with his hands. I chuckled a little then joined him.

We stayed up late, just the three of us eating and telling jokes. It proved to me that we din't need her. We were perfectly fine, just the three of us.

Later that night, I flopped down into bed, full of pizza. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I realised I should probably tell Azuken about what had happened earlier. I sat up and turned around, looking in his direction.

But when I looked, all I saw was him jumping out of the open window by his bed into the cold night air.