🍋Keeping You Company - king!Jasmine You (Versailles) x court lady!Reader

SUMMARY: Even if Jasmine should be the loved by all king, he absolutely doesn't feel that way. And he especially feels lonely at night. Good thing is that you're there to keep him company.

Also ik that queens have court ladies and not the king, but he basically is a queen in this.. so yk..

Btw sorry for making them so British

C/W: none!

T/W: also none!

A/N: Sorry for posting once a month, I'm so unmotivated and I literally almost killed myself

Btw I changed "y/n" to "____" and started writing in 3rd person POV just like I do in Eclosion

For the best reading experience, I recommend you read it in a heavy british accent xD

***

The king is odd! - They say. He is so, so odd! You should stay away from him! - Everyone warned you. He should rule the world, but instead he prefers to dress up in lady's clothes. He's supposed to be a powerful, dominant man, although he acts like a princess instead!

The whole kingdom wailed over their ruler, since the first time he sat on his throne. The complaints spread like wildfire and soon reached Jasmine himself. Although surprisingly, he paid it no mind.

Any other king would probably get really mad and execute those slanderers, b'cause how dare they say such things about their king! But no, Jasmine just brushed it off, as if it was nothing.

He said that he doesn't care what people say, he doesn't care what people think and he certainly doesn't care if people like him or not. Or atleast, that's what he says.

Given that, Jasmine doesn't have friends, nor even a bride. The only people to keep him company were his servants and court ladies.

Working as his court lady made you realize something. And that is to never judge a book by its cover.

He may be odd to the society, but you came to know that he is one of the sweetest people you have ever had the chance of meeting. And even though you were kind of embarrassed to admit this to yourself, his differences attracted you even further.

Jasmine registered your understanding nature and you soon grew very dear to him. He's never had this type of a connection with anyone before, not even with his own parents. So it's not a big surprise that you became a big favorite of his.

The warm spring breeze lightly tickled your skin as you stood in the English styled park. You listened to the birds singing a beautiful tune as well as to the chit chat of the other court ladies. You didn't really register what they were talking about, you were busy thinking. What was on your mind? Was it family? Friends? Or perhaps a certain someone? You were toying with the hem of your white lace gloves when you heard a familiar voice call out to you from not so far away.

"____, dear?" You whipped your head around, facing the elegant ruler in the distance. "It's five o'clock!" He announced with his hand next to his mouth in an attempt to make himself louder. You knew exactly what it meant. It's tea time.

You quickly made your way to his side. "Your majesty.." You did a curtsy to greet him.

"Hello." He greeted you back with a smile, his eyes sweetly scrunching up for a moment. "Come, come my dear..." He commanded, despite his voice not having even a hint of dominance. "...I have something very important to tell you today."