.065

A New Day

"Goodmorning, Emi-chan."

"Hmghph."

Kyojuro turned around, raising his brow at her incoherent response. He couldn't help laughing as well when he saw her appearance, which was the closest he's seen her look to when he first found her.

Dark hair was tufted out into many different directions, her face pale but flushed at just the tips of her cheeks and nose. Her eyes were only half opened, as if she was still wanting to sleep.

"I'm a little afraid to ask how you slept."

"Mnmh." She grumbled, yawning and walking toward the kitchen table so that she could slump down into a seat.

"Right." Kyojuro nodded, as if he understood her response. "Would some food make you feel better?" He proposed, gesturing to the meal that he had made.

Emi glanced up in interest, sighing at the lovely smell that wafted through the kitchen.

And her eyes lit up when he made his way toward her with a dish in hand, setting down the warm food just in front of her before raising his hand to pat her head. "There you go, my little party animal." He chirped teasingly, laughing when she rolled her eyes before digging into the food.

"Thanks." Emi mumbled through the food, looking toward the seat beside her and gesturing to it. "You gunna sit with me?"

Kyojuro's hand had still been placed on her head, brushing through her disheveled hair as she ate. "I was going to go train for a bit." He explained. "I only wanted to wait for you to wake up, I was getting worried you know."

"Oh, sorry." Emi sheepishly smiled. "I guess I shouldn't have drank that much."

"That's alright, sweetheart. It was a special night." Kyojuro chuckled, "Though I want to ask if you remember how you got into bed." Emi gave a distant look, before shaking her head and taking another bite of food. "Tokito carried you. You almost fell asleep on his shoulder, you know."

He had to pat her back when she nearly choked on her food, looking up with wide eyes. "What? I didn't say anything, did I?!"

Kyojuro smiled softly. "You were calling him your brother, but he didn't think much of it. He still doesn't... remember."

Emi sighed, nodding solemnly. "That's so embarrassing." She whispered. "I'm gunna kick Tengen's ass, it's his fault. He gave me the drinks!"

"That would be entertaining." Kyojuro chuckled, leaning down and pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I'll be back later, my love."

Emi nodded, watching as he made his way out of the house. She noticed that Wolf followed after him, and she was going to call on the dog but simply sighed with a shrug. He likes him too much, she thought with a smile.

Later on, after Emi ate and got ready for the day, she was in the kitchen washing up the dishes from breakfast.

Then, she was startled when a large black bird swooped down and settled itself upon the edge of the opened window.

She blinked for a moment, taking in the bird's dark and thick feathers. Then, it's beady eyes as it turned it's head to look at her.

"Hello, birdy." She mumbled absentmindedly, turning down her head to continue rinsing the dish in her hand.

"Hello!"

She dropped the plate, flinching from the loud and squawking tone as the bird responded to her.