2

just a bit of fluff :)

°~•*

A month later and you were still there. Right by her side.

She'd stayed true to her first request, though - you still hadn't seen her without her mask. You still weren't quite sure what her job was either, not really. Working with assassins, you knew that - but as far as specifics go, you were mostly in the dark. Going off her name - The Adjudicator, you got the sense that she was some kind of...judge? Or a mediator perhaps? But to be honest, you weren't too keen on knowing all the details either. There seemed to be an unspoken agreement that it was better for you not to. What you did know however, is she's a severe workaholic in dire need of sleep.

"Judy, come to bed, it's late."

You came up behind her, wrapping your arms around her shoulders. She looked up from her paperwork and turned her head towards you.

"...What did you just call me?"

"Judy," You beamed, clearly very pleased with yourself, "You like it?"

She raised an eyebrow, unimpressed.

"Oh come on, you can't really expect me to keep calling you 'The Adjudicator' all the time. You have a title kink or something?"

Her second eyebrow joined the first. After the initial shock, she went silent for a few moments, seemingly deep in thought.

"...Why Judy?"

"Really? A-judy-cator."

"No, no, I get it, it's just..." She trailed off, going quiet again.

You rested your chin on her shoulder, fingers playing with a loose strand of her hair.

"...What about Kate then?"

"...Adjudi-kate-or?"

"Exactly!"

"No."

"..Katie?"

Her brows knitted together.

"..Doesn't...suit me."

"Alright then - Judy it is."

You pressed a kiss onto the painted lips of her porcelain mask. She rolled her eyes and sighed, standing from her desk.

"For your information, I don't  have a thing for titles."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say," You lowered your voice, deliciously seductive, "Adjudicator."

Her sharp intake of breath told you all you needed to know. You smirked, head tilting to the side as she placed her hand on your lower back, leading you to the bedroom and shutting the door.

°~•*

i'm aware how out of character this would be for her but idc!! this is my fic and i make the rules!!!

the idea for this chapter was actually what got me to start writing this fic in the first place. i love writing dialogue sm

please let me know what you think, id love some feedback :)