Chapter 1.

Ally's P.O.V

I grabbed my backpack out of my mom's van as I hopped out. "Thanks for giving me a ride, mom." I exclaimed. Today is my first day of school at Marino High in Miami, Florida, and I was really nervous.

"No problem, sweetie!" My mom, Penny Dawson, smiled at me. My mom and I had moved from Georgia last week to live with my dad, who had been living here in Miami for the past couple months.

I smiled and put on a brave face, turning to wave goodbye at my mom before walking into Marino High with a flood of other students. I quickly found the office and checked in to get my schedule and locker assignment, then I made my way back into the halls to find my locker.

"Dammit!" I cursed as I wandered up and down the halls, looking for locker 132. "Where is it?"

"Need some help?" An unfamiliar voice sounded behind me, and I whirled around to see a smiling Latina girl flocked by four other girls. The girl was dressed in all designer clothes and color coordinated with the other four girls, who seemed to be her posse.

"Um, yeah." I said, "I'm new and I can't find my locker."

"No problem." The unknown girl grabbed the scrap of paper out of my hand and looked at my locker number. "Oh, 132? Just around the corner. A few down from my locker, 129."

I followed the girls and soon found my locker. "Thanks." I smiled, and then held out my hand to shake, "I'm Ally, by the way."

"I'm Trish," The Latina girl said, shaking my hand, "And this is Stacy, Macy, Lacey, and Tracy." She motioned to the four girls behind her.

I waved at them, "Hi, nice to meet you. So, do you happen to know where AP Chemistry is?" I asked, "That's my first class."

"Damned if I know!" Trish laughed, "I couldn't get into an AP class if I paid my way in...actually, I have enough money that I probably COULD pay my way in, since my dad's a millionaire, but still, why would I want to if I can barely pass regular Chemistry?"

I laughed, and Trish continued, "But Tracy is pretty smart, and she takes mostly AP classes, so she might know."

"Yeah, I do." Tracy, a tall blond with long curly hair and pink dyed ends, spoke for the first time, "I'll take you there."

"Awesome." I smiled. Just then, a tall redhead wearing a pair of white jeans with chains, a dark blue tee-shirt, a varsity jacket that said 'Manatees' and had the Marino High logo on it, and a pair of blue Converse sneakers walked up to Trish and slammed her against her locker, smashing his lips onto hers. I watched in slight disgust, slight wistfulness, and slight wonder as Trish and the mystery boy made out against the lockers.

"Who is that?" I asked Stacy, a blonde with long straight hair that reached her butt, and she giggled.

"That's Dez Fisher. Captain and star quarterback of the football team, captain of the ballroom dancing club, and total hottie."

"Yeah, he and Trish have been dating for about a year now." Macy, a black girl with curly hair like Trish's, piped up.

"Aren't they such a cute couple?" Lacey, a redhead with straight hair and bangs swept to the side, swooned.

"Yeah." I agreed. Just then, the bell for class rang, and Trish and Dez reluctantly separated.

"See you later, Trish-ita mamacita!" Dez smiled at his girlfriend, kissing her once more before walking off to class.

Trish waved and slumped against her locker, breathing heavily. "Damn he's a good kisser." She muttered. Then, she turned around and grabbed a book out of her locker. "Tracy, you take Ally and show her AP Chemistry, and I'll see you at lunch. Macy, Lacey, and Stacy, let's go." Trish handed her books to Macy and they strutted down the halls.