ChApTeR ØnE

I strolled around the store, grabbing the occasional item for dinner and putting it in the cart as I fidgeted with my blood-red amulet

       I strolled around the store, grabbing the occasional item for dinner and putting it in the cart as I fidgeted with my blood-red amulet. Soon I saw the newspaper stand, and since I needed money, I grabbed one and flipped to the 'Now Hiring!' section. I was just skimming till I saw an ad for a night guard position at Freddy Fazbear's.

      I chuckled darkly, knowing all too well what went on in there. There were two positions for a guard, I guessed they realized one didn't last long enough for their 'fun'. I saw a phone number at the bottom of the page and figured you called to schedule an interview. I called the number and booked an interview for the next day because Irene knew the other guard would our help.

     I finished shopping and checked everything out at the register. The lady working at it saw the paper. She smiled at me softly. She didn't say anything about it, to make me feel better I presumed. Once I exited and drove home, I collapsed on my bed as my husky pup, Celestia, came running to greet me.

     “Hey, girl!” I purred. She barked and then brought me her empty food bowl. I laughed as I grabbed the dog food from its shelf and poured it into her bowl. She happily ate as I went to my room and closed the door. I grabbed the amulet on my necklace chain, and whispered, “Dete kite ritorupapetto (Come out little Puppet).”

     A shadow-like mist seeped out of the amulet and formed a human-like figure (pic at top). “HeLlO, MaRi!” She said in a distorted voice. “Hello, Puppet.” I greeted her warmly. We chatted for a while, then I happened to mention how I planned to work at Freddy's.

     Instantly, Puppet's mood changed. “WhAt Do YoU MeAn! YoU CaN't WoRk ThErE, It'S DaNgErOuS!” She exploded. “It's fine, Puppet, I'll have you to protect me, and I can protect myself anyway,” I assured her. She grumbled incoherently, obviously not satisfied with my response. I sighed, “C'mon, whoever takes the other position will need our help.”

      “FiNe, BuT dOn’T bLaMe mE iF yOu GeT yOuRsElF KiLlEd,” she said grumpily. I grinned, “I can't blame anyone if I'm dead.” Puppet was silent. “I’m joking,” I exclaimed in response, giggling, “I won't die, I promise.” “YoU’d BeTtEr NoT..” she muttered. The mist disappeared along with the ghostly image, signaling the end of our conversation and leaving me alone in my room. I semi-consciously brushed my fingers along one of the scars that trailed from the bottom of my eye down.

     On my cheeks on each side of my face was a circular scar, each faded to a dull pink, almost impossible to see against my pale skin. The only other strange thing about my appearance, I had ‘heterochromia’. Meaning my eyes were two colors, except it's only when I'm possessed. Normally, my eyes are dark gray, almost black, but one, or even sometimes both, turns blood red when I'm possessed. Even my name, Marionette, is quite unusual.

I walked downstairs to make a dinner of barbecued pork. I finished and left for bed.  Celestia following, of course.
—---------TIME SKIP TO MORNING--------------
I woke up to my alarm blaring and Celestia licking me. I giggled and pulled her off me. She yipped and I fed her. Afterward, I quickly ate, and then dressed in my best outfit. ( Shown below but imagine Mari in it .)

I giggled as I did a twirl

I giggled as I did a twirl. I heard faint clapping come from my amulet. “You really think it's cute?” I asked Puppet. “DeFiNiTeLy!” A faint but enthusiastic reply. I did my hair and makeup. (You know where they are.)

)

After finishing, I made sure my amulet was on, then stepped outside, car keys in hand

After finishing, I made sure my amulet was on, then stepped outside, car keys in hand. I got into my car and drove to the restaurant. Once inside, I headed to the security room where a stoic-looking lady stood with a small stack of papers in hand. She had dirty-blonde hair pulled up into a tight bun and natural-looking makeup. “Hello, I'm Miss Brianna Williams. I'm going to be interviewing you today.” She drawled, looking bored. I simply nodded and she promptly began firing off questions.

“Are you able to work nights?”

“Yes.”

“Can you fend off an attacking intruder?”

“Most definitely.”

“Are you scared easily?”

“Almost nothing scares me.”

She gave a twisted smile. “Welcome to the job. Now we have another woman coming in for an interview in an hour, if she is hired, you both will start tonight.” I nodded, though realization decided to strike then, and I realized I was now working where I had died.
—+++---+++----+++---+++
A/N1 (ARI): Hello beautiful ppl! As you can see, next to the ‘A/N’ is the name Ari, this is because there are two authors, and that's how you will tell our Author notes apart. Also on the cover it says two accounts that are not this one, those are my and my partner authors' individual accounts, while this is a joint one. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask one of us!

A/N2 (LIV): Hey, this is the other author/editor, and like Ari said, don't be afraid to reach out if you have questions or just wanna talk!<3