𝟒 ; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞

>> YJH POV (2) <<

My heart ached as I looked into his eyes.
"Worried?"
Dokja rested his arm on the table and sighed.

"Yes. We're worried. Junghyeok, you haven't talked to us for days. I doubt you've been outside, too. You've shut yourself away from the world," Dokja continued.

"And you ignored my calls. That's most unlike you."

I scoffed. But within that space inside my heart, a rush of feelings swirled. I couldn't tell what they were— perhaps anguish, fear and love.
Love? Yes, love.
...
If what I felt for Kim Dokja wasn't considered love, then every other 'love' was a lie.

Surprisingly, I came to this revelation after I passed out last night.

"I'm fine." I vaguely answered.
"I hate when you lie."
I shook to his words. Perhaps getting past him was harder than I thought.

Dokja's face changed and he opened his mouth to speak. "When something bothers you, you make it incredibly obvious. So stop trying to guard your walls when I'm already inside them. Tell me what's wrong."

Inside my walls? This man really got on my nerves.

If I told him now, he would walk out on me. Sooyoung would feel distrust. Then she would leave eventually too. I couldn't afford such scenarios.

My heart was already falling apart, crushed fragments died out every moment. I inhaled sharply and refuted the statements.

"Kim Dokja. You're worried over nothing. Lately, I've only been a little tired. That's it. Don't dwell on such useless matters."

Before he responded, Han Sooyoung made a loud sound.

"Sooyoung?" Dokja got up from the chair and approached the couch.
I instinctively followed him.

"Fuck! I have the shittiest headache," she cried.

"Have a headache? You are the goddamn headache." Dokja snapped.

Sooyoung was stunned at Dokja's words. "Go die, bastard. I don't need you. I just need some fresh air,"
she sat up and waited for a reaction.

"Let's go out to eat, now that we are all together."

. . .