1

Between the problems with Mark, Elizabeth and Charlie the city was increasingly affected. The discussion that Frederick had with the others made him accept an idea that he had previously denied, crossing the wall for a time, but he did not expect that someone would try to stop him.

– Frederick! Wait, what are you doing?

When Frederick turned around he met Zack's confused gaze, he looked at him in silence for a few seconds and then returned his gaze to the front.

– I'm out of here.

– What?! Will you leave us like this in the middle of all this?

– "Us"..? You are one of all our problems too! Your insensitive comments and actions about me and others do not help at all. 

Zack had a lost look, full of confusion at Frederick's words. Zack didn't remember being 'insensitive' to his friends.

But Frederick was not looking at him to realize that, when he did not receive a response from Zack, he took his things and began to walk into the forest to reach the wall. But when he felt a hand grabbing his arm he stopped and turned around.

– Fred! Please wait! Let's talk..

– Let go! I have nothing more to talk to you!

– Yes you do! I know you and you don't usually run away from things like that!

– They just don't need me! I tried to help, but did anyone take me into account? No, they ask for help with all this chaos but all they did was yell at me and treat me like a damn rat!

In the middle of his words he abruptly broke free of his grip and leaned back. He kept trying to leave but Zack kept trying to stop him from leaving, insisting that they needed him.

– they need you, others need you, please don't leave... I..I..

– You what? Hah? Why do you keep insisting? Why does it have to be you out of all of them who is here?!

– Fre-

– What the fuck do you want?! Why?! Why don't you let me go?!

– I..

– Speak at once! Why are you so stubborn?! Wh-

– Because I love you! And I need you too...

Zack looked him directly in the eyes, his look looked sad and still a little lost,with tears threatening to come out.  Frederick's eyes widened in surprise after hearing those words, He didn't understand t, his heart felt happy to hear the person he loved say that, but he didn't believe him.

Frederick took a few steps back and looked at him, biting his lip before speaking.

– No..you don't... You don't love me, you made it clear that day in front of Matt and Noah.

– W-what are you talking about..?

Zack spoke, letting out a slight laugh of confusion and surprise between his words, he didn't understand, he didn't know what he was referring to.

That day, when Frederick tried to talk to Zack about his feelings and Zack approached him pretending to kiss him and then push him and make fun of him. That day, Frederick was talking about tht day which Zack didn't remember.

Frederick laughed lightly sarcastically, looking down at the ground, with a smile of sadness and disappointment.

– Seriously, sometimes you seem like a completely different person...

– Fred wait i-

– Enough Zack, get lost.

And Frederick continued his way towards the wall, Zack wanted to go behind him once but hi body didn't move, he couldn't say another word when he saw him leave like that.

Completely hating that it had taken him so long to realize that he really loved him, he reacted when he began to cough by falling to his knees on the floor, at that moment he also realized the tears falling on his cheeks. Zack really didn't understand anything, he didn't know what was happening... all his friends had rejected him and claimed in the same way "you seem like a different person", thethings they said Zack didn't remember doing.

– I-im sorry...

It was raining on the wall, they were different cities and climates. Frederick looked at the wall for a few seconds, clenching his fists and releasing a sigh through the tears camouflaged by the rain that fell on his face. He looked back one last time, a part of him wanted to go back and hear what Zack would have to say, but on the other hand

– Goodbye..

He crossed the wall without further ado, leaving his feelings and Zack behind.