•Chapter~10°

She tried to be a nice person but sometime her mouth doesn't cooperate✨

Author's POV

She turned around to see the person whom she had neither expect nor had any desire to meet again especially in this life.

"You?" asked the business-suited man.

Aadrika's facial expressions conveyed both surprise and annoyance to anyone who happened to observe her.

It is the same person who had smeared muddy water on her Scooty, so how could she not be?

After yet another encounter with this insane individual-who was nothing more than a strange girl with an uncensored mouth-Jai was too shocked and appeared irritated.

"Crazy woman".Her blood curdled when Jai muttered, loud enough for Aadrika to hear.

"Atleast it's better to be crazy than stupid"She snapped back.

He simply rolled his eyes and gave her a vexing look.

"Keep rolling your eyes.Maybe you'll find a brain back there".She again retorted.

"YOU"-

"Mr Agnihotri conduct yourself"From behind came a deep yet husky voice that, for some reason, was enough to quiet the room.

And Jai knew better than to actually open his mouth again.

Aadrika whipped around to see a tall muscular figure of man was standing with folded hands beside her Hridhaan Uncle in a formal suit.

As she made a brief eye contact with that man, She quickly diverted her gaze, feeling a mix of nervousness and apprehension.

Those few seconds felt like an eternity and She could sense the depth of his gaze, as if he could see right through her, unravelling every thought and emotion.

As Hridhaan approached her, Aadrika put her hands together, bowed slightly, and grinned as she said, "Namaste uncle."

Being the main benefactor of the orphanage and a close friend of her father, she held a great deal of respect for this man.

"Tum kabhi nhi badal skti".He said referring the squabble that had taken place a while ago.

"You can never change".

She gently rubbed her neck through her hands and gave him a sheepish grin.

"So, Aadrika, did your father inform you about the proposal of marriage that I have selected for you?"Hridhaan said and looked at her.

She could not resist nodding her head as thousands of questions began to plague her thoughts.

And Arjun watched her with his keen eyes over here on the other side.He was studying her intently and reflecting deeply.

Will She be a good mother for his children?"

In a truthful way he least or never cared about marriage,love etc etc. He was a man who valued his solitude and independence, believing that marriage would inevitably confine him and take away his freedom.

Furthermore, it will keep him so busy that he will not have time to spend quality time with his kids.

Once more, their eyes unintentionally locked, and this time, Aadrika bravely gazed into those seductive eyes as though she could see a whole tragic story unfolding in his dark orbs, which he was doing his best to conceal with a veneer of coldness.

But Arjun Singhania was a man who thrived on controlling everything including his feelings.

It certainly piqued her interest, and she noticed his pointed features for the first time.