Feelings

Betrayal.

Untrust.

Those were only a couple words that I felt as I ran to the cave into Wally's comfort once again. No one trusted me. Not my mom, not the team, not the league, not the light. No one.

Except Wallace Rudolph West, AKA kid flash.

Flashback:

I walked into the living room where the whole team was sitting and chilling. I sat down beside Wally and he casually put his arm over my shoulder. I blinked at him in surprise but kept my cool and didn't say anything. He smiled and we looked back at the team. 

I didn't really trust them that much but I knew that if needed, we would risk our lives for each other. The only person I trusted was Wally, who stayed cool and calm throughout. Well, he stayed calm most of the time. I knew everyone in the team had the same feelings at me as I did at them, except Wally. So my untrust about them was mutual.

That was, until he betrayed my trust. We had an argument that evening and he spilled secrets about me to the team. About my family, my past, me. I hated him. They were private secrets that he promised he wouldn't tell about me. This was what happened when I trusted someone. So I decided that I would leave. I would run away and leave a letter in a special place that I know he would find. Under a rock on the beach.

When we wanted some time alone, we would sneak there during the night. Listening to the crashing waves and watching the stars. I know that was the first place he would look.

End of flashback.

I'm writing the letter with a pen and paper in my room. I had locked the door not wanting anyone to come in. I know, Robin could just pick the lock and come in, but it was a lock that no one, not even Batman, could break. I was made by my father, Sportsmaster.

Letter:

Dear Wally,

I know you want me to come back, but I'm not. I know you were deft with your own rage and couldn't hear the words you were saying, but they came out, and I heard them. The whole team did. I thought you could keep a secret, even in your rage. But you couldn't. I'm sorry, I will never be the love of your life, but I will never forget that kiss we shared on the beach. That magical night. 

The reason why I can't come back is because know the team hates me. For lying, for not telling them. I don't want to face their anger, n'or your apologies. And since their feelings vibrate from them in big storms, I will tell you mine. I won't tell you to keep my feelings a secret, because I know you can't. And that's not your fault, you were born like that. 

I am at the stage of hating you, right now. I know I pretend that all the time, but now it's for real.  You spilled all my secrets, SECRETS that you weren't supposed to tell anyone. You were mad, and I understand. But I also understand that if I were mad like that, I wouldn't spill your secrets. Not for the world. 

I never completely trusted the team. With my life, yes. But with my secrets? No. Because I know they would look at me differently if I did. But I told you, because I knew you wouldn't, you wouldn't look at me differently. I trusted you Wally! I-I love you.

But you betrayed my trust, and I will never like you again, much less love you. I hate you and will never love you again.

-Artemis

This one-shot was written by