𝟎𝟑𝟑 ― skeletons in the closet

THERE'S A firm knock at Price's office door

THERE'S A firm knock at Price's office door. When he opens it, Ghost is standing in the doorway, eyes shifting.

"What can I do for you, Simon?" Price asks.

Ghost leans against the doorframe as he answers, "It's time for us to have that conversation."

Price is still for a moment before he nods and steps aside to let Ghost into the room. He shuts the door behind himself, sitting down in one of the desk chairs. Price lights a cigar.

"Want one?" Price offers, Ghost shaking his head in response. "Alright. Let's get started, shall we?"

Ghost shifts in his seat, hands in a steeple position as he gathers his thoughts. "You know why I'm here. I'm asking your permission."

"For?" Price questions, amusement in his eyes. "Gonna have to be more specific." When Ghost glares at him, Price adds, "I want to hear it from you, Simon."

"I'm asking for your permission to allow Ellison and me to..." Ghost pauses. "To be together."

Captain Price grows serious as he blows the cigar smoke away from his face. "And you think this won't interfere with anything? Missions? I don't need you distracted. You're my second in command."

"I won't be."

"I mean it, Simon," Price reiterates. "I need you at your best. Every mission. The others, too — I need them focused. I don't need you two to let anything get in the way of what we're here to do."

"We won't."

He puts out his cigar, raising a pointed finger at Ghost as his voice lowers. "Give me your word. I don't want any drama from this."

Ghost sits forward, his tone matching Prices. "You have it. No distractions. I'll make sure Ellie knows this."

Price nods. "Good. Now, listen carefully — the first time this relationship seems to get us into trouble... it's over. Copy?"

"Solid copy."

"Alright. You have my blessing," Price says, a  small smile on his face.

Ellie stands from the bed as Ghost walks back in, her having been biting at her nails while she waited. "What's the verdict?" she asks quietly, almost nervous for the answer.

"We're good." Ghost sits down on the bed, patting the spot beside him. When Ellie sits he keeps talking. "He made me give my word I won't let this relationship come between me and what I have to do. And I gave that to him. I promised that I wouldn't let it get in the way. And I need you to promise me that."