Three

The atmosphere in the conference room was thick with tension

The atmosphere in the conference room was thick with tension. As I'm impeccably dressed in a tailored suit, exuded an air of authority as I leaned back in my chair at the head of the table.

The real estate agent, nervously adjusting his tie, glanced between the couple and I. Trying to ease the palpable unease in the room.

"Now, let's discuss the future of this land," I stated firmly, fixing my gaze on the couple.

"My construction company does top-notch work. You won't find better quality anywhere else."

The couple exchanged uneasy glances, knowing the implications of crossing someone with my influence.

The real estate agent attempted to intervene, suggesting alternatives, but I cut in sharply, his tone brooking no argument.

"This land falls under our jurisdiction. It's in your best interest to let us handle the construction. Trust me, it'll be worth it," I asserted, a subtle undertone of threat coating my voice.

The couple, feeling the weight of the situation, reluctantly agreed, aware that refusing the me was not an option they could afford.

The real estate agent, sensing the finality of the decision, nodded in acquiescence, his eyes betraying a mix of apprehension and resignation.

With a simple raise of my hand my assistant places legal documents in front of the couple. I stand from my seat, slowly making my way towards them.

Reaching into my suit pocket, the sudden quick breathing from the woman and the way she held her lanky husbands arm didn't go unnoticed.

I smirk to myself before pulling a pen from my coat pocket, holding it out towards her.

Wordlessly demanding she take it. She does hesitantly and soon both her and her husband scribble their signatures onto the documents.

The meeting concluded, surely leaving the couple with a sense of unease about the future of their property, but I am very satisfied; though I haven't the slightest clue as to why my brother would want this done.

Leaving the conference room heading back to my office, Jaehyun meeting me halfway before we enter the space.

"Here's the file on the lawyers daughter, the surveillance team tracked her Friday and she only went to a bar with a friend. Nothing out of the ordinary it seems." Jaehyun states handing me the file as I sat behind my desk in my office.