ALMOST "GONE"

{ }

Justin scoffed, covering his face with his hand as he slouched back in the leather lounge couch.

"You weren't even gonna tell us? You were just gonna go off and what?—start a solo career?" Lance grumbled, his arms instinctively crossing.

"But I didn't." Justin rolled his eyes, keeping his face covered by his hand. "JC, help me out here."

JC sat on the back of the lounge couch, looking down at Justin. "Well—what you were going to do was pretty messed up." He agreed with Lance, but spoke more gently.

Justin, lowered his hand as JC spoke, looking from him to Lance. "Are you guys really dog piling me right now?" His brows furrowed as the corners of his mouth tugged down.

"We aren't dog piling on you, Jugs." Joey sighed, resting his elbow on the dressing room table. "We turned down gigs because we thought we'd start the next album—" Joey started.

"I didn't tell you guys to do that! I never told you to turn down gigs!" Justin cut him off, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Oh, would y'all quit it! Justin almost did a bad thing but he didn't! Can we move on?" Chris looked at the boys, his voice above everyone else's.

Everyone went quiet, they all avoided each others gazes. The tension was thick, the air tense.

"Chris is right—Justin didn't go through with it so...let's leave it in the past..." JC mumbled, running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah..." Justin sighed, keeping his gaze down on his white sneakers. The awkwardness was still palpable, all five boys feeling a bit squeamish...especially Justin. "I'm gonna..." Justin stood up, "Get some fresh air." He said as he left the room, closing the door behind him.

"Why's he being such a brat?" Lance tilted his head to the side, leaning against the doorframe when he knew Justin was out of earshot.

"He didn't even apologize." Joey added with a sigh, cracking his knuckles lightly.

"Yeah, because he doesn't care." Chris cut in with a dry chuckle, slumping down on the leather lounge couch. "Can't get anything through that kid's head anymore."

JC cleared his throat. "I think he cares—I don't think he...I dunno—maybe he really doesn't understand that it hurt us—"

"And broke our hearts." Lance added.

"And crushed our souls." Joey continued.

"Listen—let's just let it go for now—I'm sure he'll come around, he just needs some time...hopefully." JC said softly, trying to side with everyone.

{ }