Chapter 2

Jake quickly shot up out of bed. He started breathing heavily, and he was sweating profusely in a puddle trapped between the white sheets of his king size bed.

'Two years,' Jake thought. 'Two years since leaving, and that day still keeps playing in my damn head.'

He tightly gripped his thick blankets, slowing his breathing in an attempt to calm himself down. As his hands continued shaking, he felt the soft touch of a woman's hands resting against his knuckles and then rubbing up his arms and on his chest.

"It's ok, baby," a soft, gentle voice assured. "Just keep breathing."

Jake continued to slow his breathing until he was no longer hyperventilating. He took one last deep breath before turning his head towards the direction of the voice. Laying next to him was a brunette woman with curly hair who looked about a few years younger than Jake. She kept her crystal gray eyes on him until he was finally calm.

"Thanks, Cassandra," Jake said.

"Another nightmare?" Cassandra asked.

"Yeah. It's actually not as bad today as usual."

Cassandra trickled her hand from Jake's arm to his chest as he laid back down. She reached around to his left breast, now covered in various tribal, naval, and fiery tattoos all the way up on his left shoulder, and down his left arm. She then lightly brushed her long fingernails to the large scar on his right breast, where he was stabbed in the chest.

After Cassandra played with Jake's rigid scar for a few seconds, he kissed the top of her forehead. She responded by kissing his scar, and then slowly positioning herself on him. She then softly trailed her lips to the bullet scar above his heart, and then down to the scar underneath his left rib cage. She then made her way up to the bullet scar on his right shoulder next to his neck, and then finally to the scar on the side of his face, and finished by kissing him on the lips.

"At least you're getting better," Cassandra said as she kissed Jake's neck and cuddled up against him, her head pressed against his chest.

"What time is it?" Jake asked.

Cassandra turned around to the desk beside the bed and reached for the alarm clock.

"6:04," Cassandra answered. "I better get up and get ready for class."

As Cassandra was getting out of bed, Jake quickly rolled on top of her, pressing his hips against her groin.

"It's the last day," Jake sighed as he proceeded to kiss along Cassandra's neck and slowly rock back and forth, spreading her legs apart. "Can you just call in sick?"

"Mmm," Cassandra moaned, biting her lower lip in response. "As tempting as that that sounds right now, it wouldn't look good for the Honors student to skip the last day."

Jake stared in Cassandra's eyes for a moment, and then gave a slight chuckle as he rolled off of Cassandra, allowing her to leave the bed. He couldn't help but peek over his shoulder, mesmerized by her sleek naked body as she grabbed a pair black jeans, and a white tank top from her dresser and then made her way to the shower.

"Let's go out tonight," Jake said. "We're pretty much done with college. I think we should celebrate."

"Oh?" Cassandra answered as she stepped in the shower and closed the curtains. "What do you have in mind?"

Jake pondered for a moment, thinking of a place that Cassandra would like. He knew that although she prefers life in the fast lane, there would often come a time where she prefers to be wined and dined. With that in mind, Jake thought of a beach side restaurant just on the Atlantic Coast.