1. Success

𝓘𝓷 𝓔𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓐𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓪,

𝓘𝓷 𝓔𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓐𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓪,

The sound of guns firing echoed through the building, Dee's ears were ringing so loud she felt as if her head was going to explode. She stumbled through the hallways, leaning on the wall for support.

There was rubble everywhere from the destruction that was happening to the building. Bullets were breaking the concrete walls and the building shook as bombs were dropped.

Just as she reached the exit, Dee noticed a body lying on the ground. Her head hurt so bad from the ringing that just wouldn't stop. Her vision was blurred and she couldn't tell who the person was. So, when she got close enough that she was towering over the person, she dropped to her knee so she could see who it was.

Dee hoped she could help the person, but she still couldn't see clearly, she blinked a few times, trying to clear her vision. When her vision was clear, Dee jolted back as she recognized the body in front of her.

The ringing grew louder and Dee felt as if she was going to pass out. "Mercedes", She heard someone call out for her.

"Mercedes", Dee jumped out of her sleep as Jax shook her awake.

She's been having these nightmares since the mission back in Japan 4 years ago. The recovery was a long process, Dee had injured her lower spine. She couldn't walk for nearly a year, but with a couple of surgeries and a top shelf physical therapist she was back on her feet within 2 years.

Her body had healed, but her mind was never the same. Her PTSD got the best of her on certain occasions. The nightmares were something she couldn't get rid of. Although, they didn't come every night, the nightmares were bothersome when they did occur.

"Another nightmare?", Dee had gotten herself out of the bed and her shirt was damp with sweat. Jax had gotten used to seeing her like this, it was why he came over on most mornings. To make sure she was okay. "Yeah but I'm good.", Dee went into her bathroom and opened one of the drawers that contained her meds.

She stared at the bottle of sertraline, before she placed it back in the drawer. She had recently decided to lay off her medication, the drugs were heavily affecting her mood and clouding her brain. With her line of work, she wanted to be herself without the medicine.

"Get dressed, we got a gym session to get to", Jax said as he left out of the room. It was a routine of theirs, to keep themselves active and for Dee it also helped relieve stress.

At the gym, Dee involved herself in a full body workout. Managing what she could, making sure she didn't overdo it because her body had to be handled with care after all it's been through. "So how is it going? Y'know...being off the meds n shit" Jax was spotting her as she bench pressed.