You Little Devil [seventeen]

Banner;createdforyou
 + C H A P T E R 17 +

"Zacky baby," Kacy screamed running up to me, shoving people out of the way through the hall way. I groan and shut my locker. Chuckling as I watch her scowl at some jock standing in her way.

"Could you not call me 'baby' ? People might think we are dating," I mumble. She frowns and looks down at her shoes then back at me.

"Would that be a bad thing?" she asks quietly. I wince and hike my strap onto my shoulder.

"No, that's not what I meant. Fully, I mean. It's just like, I don't want to mess up what ever reputation you have. And you're my bestfriend, and what about Henry. I think it'd could just end badly if people started spreading rumors," I trail, biting my lip.

"Oh," she trails.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

"Anyway," she says, back to her normal self, "The new girl that I was giving a tour to is Bella. She is going to sit with us at the table and you have to be nice," I scoff and roll my eyes. Kacy adds something under her breath quickly playing with her fingers.

"What did you say?" I question.

"Mhm nothing," she giggles skipping off to her next class. I groan in frustration and walk to my next class. Before I even knew what was happening I trip over something and drop to the ground, luckily having enough time to put my hands out in front of me so I didn't end up with a mouth full of broken teeth.

"What the hell," I shout. I get up and brush off my hands. I look around and see a girl on the ground with her books scattered around her, "Jesus Christ," I mumble under my breath. I bend over and grab some of the books and pens surrounding the frantic girl on the floor.

"I'm so sorry. I was lost and running so I wouldn't be late to my next class," she huffs, taking the books out of my hand and opening up the pencil pouch for me to place her pens in. She finally looks up and gasps. I look at her frowning, what was her problem. I shake my head and walk away, towards class.

"Nice for you to join us Mr. River," I smile sheepishly and head to the back of the room towards my seat.
...

"You're such a dork, you dork."

"And your comebacks suck."

"Like you," the crickets enter and the silence sits around the table, "You know because you suck lots of dicks," Candy trails.

"If it's anyone sucking dicks it's you," I pipe in. Candy glares at me while Chevy and I high five. I laugh at her and begin peeling my banana.

"Well, your banana looks like a dick, so you're the dick," she mumbles.

I smile, "Here," I say as I hand it to her, "You want it?" Laughing out loud again, I grab the banana back taking a slow, big bite.

"Hey, do you think that if you actually threw the peel onto the floor in the hallway that people would slip on the peel like in Mario Cart?" Chevy wonders out loud. I stop and think for a minute. I don't think banana peels are as slippery as the video games and cartoons make them out to be. I shrug in response and look over at Candy.

"Whatcha staring at?" I ask, taking another bite out of my banana.

"Do you think the new chick will replace me in Kacys life?" she asks thoughtfully, "Like be her new best friend?" Chevy and I look at each other and immediately protest.

"Hey! I'm your best friend," Chevy cries at Candy.

"Plus," I add, "Kacy is my best friend," I state smugly.