Chapter Eleven: Avoiding War

It had been almost two weeks since we received the news of Rheagar and Lyanna running off together.
The king finally called a council meeting and ordered me to attend, which I did.

Once I arrived, I walked in the men, and I looked at me in concern.

"Hello Your Grace, my lord hand, my lords. You have summoned me."

"Yes, my dear, we want to know what you take on this situation."

Aerys was struggling to breathe at this point, but he kept making it through, I just kept my heart broken, look on my face with a single tear, making its way on my face.

"What else can I say your grace,My husband has run off with another woman. She even sent me a letter to thst effect and two for her family that she has asked me to give to them."

I said this with a tremble in my voice but I could tell it effected them greatly to think she was not kidnapped at all, a married man ran off with an engaged girl and then asked that mans wife to deliver messages to her family.
Aerys looked livid, especially when he saw the letter she brought with her to show them and saw the Stark Sigil and her handwriting.
Diana may not be a Valyrian bride like he wanted for his son, but she could produce Valyrian children, and that was rare. His son wanted Diana, and he finally had her, and he threw her aware of trash.

"Maybe my lords..........you might follow the Valyrian tradition and she may become his second wife,so thst none of the houses involved are dishonoured and my second son could marry the heir to Dorne to make amends for what has happened? I worry what all this might do to the people."

The lords looked at me with a sense of pride when Aerys questioned.

"After what has been done, why suggest this?"

I gave Aerys my best strained smile, and he softened a little.

"I have done my duty to my husband and wish for his happiness, and if that is not all with me, then so be it.
I just wish for my children to be raised well and to not lose their place here.
I..fear....never mind....thank you for listening, my lords."

They all nodded but got what she said. She was concerned for her childerns position here. Would they have another Aenys and Magor where Rheagar named a child unfit to be king when they have four others who legal had better claims.

Once Diana left, the men started to talk again.

"My Lord Hand and my king, I understand the Princess wishes for peace and with such a greatful heart it does not suprise me but the prince can not be aloud to get away with this."

"What do you suggest I do, Lord Blacknal?"

"I would say allow the prince take the start girl but as a consort only.
Her children will have NO claim to the throne in any way, and this shall not be changed even if Rheagar were king, he would have to forfeit the crown and give it to his son."

Everyone nodded at this as it was a peaceful solution and appeased Aerys  need for Valyrian tradition.

"I agree, Tywin drew up the declaration."

"As you wish your grace,"

As they men left, they talked about the situation a little and made all the servants would spread what Rheagar had done.

It was three days later that Lord Stark arrived. He demanded an audience with the king, but Tywin showed him to his rooms instead, where I was waiting.
He was angry, I could tell, but I handed him over the letter sent to me and the ones she sent to him.