Chapter 06: Only for fun

December 20th, 2022, 4:47pm.

Christmas time is here,
families drawing near.
All that we could always see,
such spirit through the year.

"Christmas time is here"
by Kenny Loggins.

"Reckon that it's time to get the tree?" Fangs asked, sitting on Sweat Pea's lap. He had one hand buried in his husband's hair, playing with the soft curls. The TV was on, though both didn't pay much attention to it and were rather occupied with enjoying their company.

"Should be fine. I would wait until the girls are back from their shopping trip though, so that they know where we're off to. I wouldn't want to wake up Jughead for that — or disturb them from whatever they're doing"

"'What they're doing'?"

"Archie and Jughead are obviously sleeping with another"

"What??" Fangs asked, sitting up straighter.

"Yes, obviously. Haven't you seen how they blushed when they came downstairs yesterday, after their 'nap', which coincidentally ended at the same time?"

"Huh. I didn't notice that"

"Because you're oblivious to those things. I literally asked you out on the third date before you noticed that I wanted something from you" Fangs paused, then pursed his lips.

"But Jughead isn't sleeping with anyone. He made it very clear that he wasn't interested in those things when we tried to set him up two years"

"Interests can change. Who knows" Sweat Pea shrugged "It's none our business anyways, yet, so we shouldn't think about it too much"

"'Yet'?"

"Once he tells us about it, we can think about it more" Sweat Pea explained and Fangs nodded slowly.

Veronica and Betty came soon after. Once they did, the two boys went to pull on their coats, hats, scarfs and gloves before heading outside. Since Veronica's car was 'too expensive' and Jughead didn't allow them to drive his, the two and Archie ended up walking. It was only the walk down the hill though and up to the corner shop there.

December 20th, 2022, 6:07pm.

I'll spend up my whole life,
just starin' at your eyes,
and I'II lend my Christmas with you,
if you really like.

"Hey good lookin'"
by Why don't we.

Face frozen and hands numb, the three men returned to the Lodge-Lodge, tree in their hands.

"We're back!" Fangs called, heaving slightly. He let go of the tree, letting Archie and Sweat Pea carry the weight on their own to rub his hands off the resin and dirt.

"We'll need someone who tells us if it is straight" Sweat Pea said later, as he and Archie pulled it up.

"Sorry, can't help with that" Jughead shrugged, leaning back on the couch as he flipped the page of his book.

"Not that kind of straight" Sweat Pea mumbled.

"Can't help with the other either, too bad. Ronni, help us out here!" Jughead called, purposefully getting her out of her room.