Part one-The Cave

Hi! Anyways, I just finished Daughter of the Deep, and decided to write some fanfic. I think I'll add some every week or so, but I'll see how it goes. Anyways, let's get on with it!

— ————————————————- —————————— - ————————————————————

Ana's POV

       I looked around the small cave's walls, still gawking at their beauty. Even though I had been to this very spot many, many times, it still was an incredible sight. Blue-green walls caved in along the sides, and anywhere even a tiny bit of rock stood out, unidentifiable plants grew. The whole place was lit up with fluorescent candy-cane shaped fixtures among the rock and plants. I had found this place with Gem, around two months ago, just after showing my traitor brother our parents grave. Socrates, my dolphin friend bobbed up and down in the water beside me.

"I don't have any squid," I said to him, and suddenly I was yanked out of reality- into a flashback to playing with Socrates in the bay with Dev.

"Ana, one day we'll have an entire herd of dolphins," Dev laughed, "we'll travel the world, and go wherever we want." Socrates splashed both of us in response, me in my bikini, and Dev in his wetsuit. Dev had always been cold, no matter where we were. As tough as nails, but never just warm enough.

"Oh, so dolphins are better than sharks," I said to the sharks house captain

"Not even close," Dev chuckled, just as I was pulled back to the present. Flashbacks like these have been occurring more and more often now. I would be fine, and then in mere seconds unconscious. Usually I wake up in less than a minute or two, but lately I've been dealing with them a lot. Now I look back at these memories, and wonder how I hadn't missed the signs of Dev's betrayal. The slight twist of anger in Dev's voice when he said "and go wherever we want", or just a flicker of dread upon going to college. Or-

"Ana, no," I said out loud. These trains of thought lead back to flashbacks, and made me feel worse than before. I decided to jump back in the deep blue water. Water had always made me feel better, it cleared my head. Lately, I had been diving in one, two, sometimes even five times a day, wanting to get rid of some of my own thoughts. I paddled right out of the cave entrance. Just then, a big blob surfaced in front of me. I yelped. No one knew about this place, other than Gem, but we had vowed to keep it a secret.

"Just the two of us," I heard Gem say softly, but this wasn't real. This was from the past, from when we had found the cave. My last thought was not another, of all times

I blacked out.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Ok..thanks for reading that very short little section. I'll continue to add some more to not end with that cliffhanger. :)

See u soon -NoraTaco

Btw, if any of u use artfight, my user is BunBunBunnyNoraTaco, but I haven't really updated much (glitchy computer) feel free to check out my friend TommyLord! 

Bye again! -NoraTaco, one more time :)