Part Two-The Dive

Hi! It's Nora again...well it's the second upload of tonight, so not that much of a difference. Anyways, here's a second part from Gem's point of view. I hope you enjoy it!

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Part 2.

Gem's POV

Splash! I jumped into the water, though not really feeling it. Captain Nemo's old tech had many perks-one of which was not getting wet in the wetsuits. The result was a perfectly warm suit, stronger than the usual among people on the mainland.

The water relaxed me. I had never told anyone, which was silly since I attended a school for marine biology-but when I was in the water I felt free. Out of the ocean there were more troubles, more things to think about. Out of the ocean-well I just didn't feel right. Too many things were wrong. Many of our friends are dead because of Land Institute. They destroyed our campus! And Ana, incredible Ana, her own brother is a traitor. We trust him now, but still, there's just that tension, that tension that leaves me running for the sea. Worst of all, Dev was my idol. I used to follow everything Dev did, and now, I'm not really sure what to do. But... Well, that's enough of my whining. I'm a shark, I lead, I work, and most importantly do whatever my captain says. I came in the ocean to do surveillance-not for a pity party over things I can't control. I surface, and hear talking on the dock above me.

"I wonder where Ana is," Nelinha said. I felt a pang of guilt. We were both getting along now-but I still felt bad from the incident when I called her "the scholarship kid". I'm pretty bad with people.

"Swimming," Ester said

"Yes, babe," Nelinha said, "but where exactly would she go for three hours?"

I know, I thought. I know where she is, I thought about the cave that Ana and I had found. I think we both used it as our little hide out from the outside world. Swimming that way, towards the starfish shaped rock, I did wonder though: three hours? That was longer than I would expect. Maybe Ana wasn't in the cave anyways. Though once I paddled into the entrance I saw Ana just diving out. She yelped in fright. But then she slumped, right into my arms. My internal alarms suddenly rang. I hadn't frightened her too badly, not enough to frighten her unconscious. No, something was wrong.

"Ana," I called to her, "Are you okay?" I started to sink under the extra weight. "Ana?" Panic coursed through my veins. I couldn't swim all the way to the dock, not carrying another person. It was too far to call for help. My only choice was to haul her up to the edge of the cave, hoping I could help. "Ana! You're scaring me!" I can't remember how long I was there, scared to death, until Ana studdered, coughed, and rolled over.

"Gem?"she said, "is that you?"

"Yeah," I said nearly breaking into tears. Then unexpectedly, Ana hugged me. I look of surprise washed over my face, but quickly hugged her back. I don't have many friends, but the ones I have count. I looked and pulled back, and suddenly remembered my fears. "What happened to you! I shouldn't have scared you unconscious, I only walked in the doorway.

With that, Ana explained everything. 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Well, another cliffhanger! Though probably by the time you're reading this, I'll already have another part done. Again, sorry I can't get a picture to upload for this story, so thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking your time to read a Daughter of the Deep fanfic but with a picture of a bunny on the cover. Anyways, have a great rest of your night...well night, day whatever time it is for you

Thanks for reading, again, and bye!

-Nora