Chapter 8 part III

The music dies down and the light turns on. The empty bottles that were hidden in the dark and all of the other litter on the floor is now visible. It's mine and Nasrins cue to find ourselves a ride and go home. We usually try to find someone that's heading in our direction.

"We can take you home" Leo offers as Nasrin and I enter the parking lot. He has the overall halfway down now with the top hanging of his hips showing of his muscular upper body in a white tank top. He holds his jacket in his hands even though it's cold and raining.

"Thanks, but we'll take the bus" I answer as Nasrin elbows my side.
"When's the bus?"
"In three hours" Nasrin tells him. He whistles as if it would be crazy to wait that long here out in the rain.
"Ares is sober, He'll drop you of on the way" He decides. Ares gives him a vicious stare,it's so intense that I'm surprised that Leo doesn't take a step back. We live on the other side of the town, making it at least an hour out of their way.

"Great" Nasrin says pushing me to the car. It's a new black BMW with black leather interior. Pandora's already by the front passenger door talking to someone on the phone. She gets in the car without paying any attention to us. I seat myself in the middle of the backseat with Nasrin on one side and Leo on the other.
"Wouldn't it be the opposite?" Leo asks looking atus. "Lucia was a saint, historically, wasn't she?"

"I don't know, I can be quite diabolical" I hold Ares gaze in the mirror determined not to be the first to break contact. No matter how chill he pretends to be I can tell that my presence gets under his skin as well as his does for me.

"You're sneaky, I like that"Leo whispers in my ear, he lingers there with his breath warming my neck. "Go out with me" He pleads. I laugh and shake my head. "Please"
"I don't think Ares would like that" I again meet Ares gaze in the mirror. His annoying gaze, his eyes almost glows with anger all because I won't follow his instructions. He called me a mistake, I'll make him pay for that.

"Fuck Ares"Leo says.
"Fuck Ares" I agree and notice how his grip on the wheel tighten.
"So, when do we meet?"
"If you can remember this conversation when you wake up, call me and we'll see" I answer while holding Ares gaze. This will be so much fun.