Home Address

" You should see how the fish scatter when you hit the glass, it's so funny ", Mina laughs. " We really need to go there sometime. "

" Yeah, sounds fun ". My mother used to take us to the aquarium park at every beginning of summer. I wonder if Nanami likes aquariums or if he has seen them before. " Can I know what you are blushing for? " Mina's voice snapps me back to reality. " Nothing, I was just..."

" Hey y/n, hey Mina " Zen shows up next to me. " Can I steal y/n for a sec? " he addresses Mina but his eyes never leave me. I blink and turn my head to Mina, contrasting him.

" Yeah yeah take her she's all yours ", She says and shoots me a smirk.

" Can we...? " Zen gesture to nothing in particular. I nod and walk first, him following my lead.

When we stop near a water machine he takes a cup, fills it, and hands it to me. I accept it " Thank you".

" I should be the one thanking you ", he begins. " Nanami came. You actually did it, I'm pumped up ". I can see that on his face, genuine enthusiasm.

The moment I turn to see if someone is watching us, Nanami has made it to the floor's entry. He notices our gathering and proceeds to walk to it. Not toward it, but almost past it, I realize.

" Nanami ", I call. He stops in his tracks and changes course towards us. He looks nothing like yesterday at the park. Those messy strands turned into a proper undercut with half side pushed back, and his shirt is buttoned up to the end.

" Good day, Miss L/N. Good day Mr Layking "

" You don't have to be formal, you know that. " Zen says, exchanging a glance with me.

" I suppose I have to. "

My heart accelerates at the tension and the air feels suffocating, but for some reason I think it's okay at least they talked even though it's not seemingly leading to any reconciliation.

" May I have a word with Miss L/Y? ", Nanami asks.

" Yes ", I say in a rush. I look at Zen, waiting for his approval. " Oh yes, please. "

" I will not stay overtime today. I have received a word for a mission. "

He expects me to worry, to intervene, but I can't even find my voice. The only thing I could do is pull at his blazer. His hand slides to mine for a gentle squeeze, " I will be careful. I think you should not stay either, take some rest. Do you ride the train home? Or is it your car? "

" Train. " 

" Very well, I will drop you home then. "

" Alright. "

" Alright, ". He gives my hand another gentle squeeze, " We will be alright ". I give in to the warmth of his hand and let my hopes cling to his words.

--------------------------------------------------

" The left turn, please ", I say. We haven't really talked all the ride aside from 'turn right' or 'turn left'. " That's the building". He pulls over a little further than it, it doesn't seem like he's doing this quickly so he can take his leave. Instead he kills the engine like he's preparing to have a small talk.

" Would it be inconvenient for me to ask if you live alone? ", He asks.

" Not at all, and yes I live alone "

" The same is true for me, but my house is in the suburbs, it's far from my workplaces. "

I reach for my purse to look for a piece of paper. Luckily, I found an old bakery receipt. I take out a pen and write down my home address and my phone number with my name under it. " I hope you won't hesitate to call if you need something ". I leave the paper in his center console and stare at it blankly for a moment. I peck him on the lips before I unbuckle my seatbelt. When I'm out of the car, I tell him to be safe.

" Good night, Nanami. "

" Good night, miss L/N. "

" It's y/n for goodness's sake ", I laugh.

" I'm afraid I will need some time to adapt. "

I usually don't think of doing anything before taking a quick bath. It's also good when your thoughts are scattered. I wrap a towel over my hair and head to the kitchen. I'm grateful I have Spaghetti leftovers, so I just microwave them. In the time I have to wait for them to heat up, I go in search of my book. After I finish eating, I make tea and prepare for a reading night. I got so used to coming home late and sleeping even later; therefore, I know I'm not gonna fall asleep easily; I can't fool my sleeping system.

I have been reading for an hour, and for two, then for three. I'm in the middle of reading the last two sentences before I have to turn the page when I hear light knocks on the door. The worst part beside having knocks this late is not having a peephole. I pick up the scissors and walk up to the door. I unlock it but I don't unchain it.

To my surprise there's no one.

I look down and I detect a piece of cloth. I quickly recognize it as Nanami's.

" I might need some help, Miss L/N "

I toss the scissors away to unchain the door. Before I get to fully assess his condition, my eyes are already blurred. He struggles to his legs and I extend my arms for him," Let's get you inside ".

" I'm sorry for the disturbance " 

" Shhhhh ", I imitate him from two days ago.

" You are the only one I could think of ", he continues. I let him collapse onto the couch, the nearest place, so that I can lock the door behind.

He coughs; " I would be grateful if you could bring me some alcohol and cotton. You don't have to bother doing anything else ". I gather everything I need to start tending to his wounds. In the mean time, he says nothing and just gaze at the ceiling; probably too in pain to talk. I cut his shirt with the scissors I tossed earlier. I wipe at the wound with a wet cloth and disinfect it, careful with my bare hands.

I know how to do this. I'm experienced with seeing too much blood; I almost lived at the hospital with my brother. First you should distract the wounded because the next part where you have to stitch the wound will be seriously painful. " Everything will be alright, but I need you to stop moving, okay? Have you been to an aquarium before, Nanami? ".

He doesn't respond.

I proceed.

---------------------

I honestly don't know what I'm writing Lol this is so messed up but at the same time I'm too distracted by my future to come up with anything worth reading so yeah just bear this part. The next part will probably be more exiting but I'm not sure when I will be posting it. Maybe it will take forever idk. Thank u for reading everyone ^_^