Chapter 5

In that moment, it felt like my heart physically broke into a million pieces. Why was she texting him? Was he texting her back? He told me he didn't keep in contact with any of his ex's, apart from Alexa. I was already mad at him for breaking that promise. I tapped onto the message, and saw, that, yes he'd been replying to her. My face grew hotter. They'd been messaging again since May. I nearly broke the phone in anger. I was kind of sad I didn't do it then, because then I read the messages. They were fine at first, nothing much, then I saw the texts from last night...

Alex:
Hi, Lou. Had a good day? Xx

Louise:
It was alright, mon amour. Remember though, keep your phone with you at all times, she cannot see we're still talking at all x

Alex:
Don't worry love, she'll never know. That is a secret for me and you only. Talk tomorrow? Xx

Louise:
Of course, babe. I miss you <3

Alex:
Goodbye, I miss you too

That bastard and that bitch! The tears flowed from my eyes like a waterfall. Not only did he lie to me, he said he MISSED her. What was that supposed to mean? Were they meeting up in secret, like some leaders of a fucking secret organisation? Did they video call when I wasn't there, and pretend they were still together, even though Alex always kept his wedding ring on? Is it that fucking hard to forget you're wearing it all the time? Obviously, judging by this. I wasn't having any of this shit, so I went upstairs to confront my so-called loyal husband.

~~~

He was just combing his hair in the bathroom mirror, when I stood there, my face red and my eyes watery, and his phone in my hand, clearly displaying the messages. I was not taking any lies, not anymore.
"Darlin', what's wrong? Have you been crying?" Then he saw his phone in my hand, and his face dropped. "Babeh, what's happening, why do you have me phone?"
I didn't respond and walked up to him. He stepped back slowly as I approached.
"What's wrong? What do you mean, 'what's wrong?' It's quite fucking obvious to me, Al, or are you blind?" I yelled. My face grew even hotter, and he stared at me, a hurt look on his face.
"I'm sorry." He said quietly, but loud enough for me to hear. He lowered his head.
"You really think sorry is gonna cut it, because it's not. I think we need a break, I know you've been texting her, and to be quite honest, I can't deal with it right now."
I threw his phone at him without another word, gathered some clothes and toiletries up, threw them in a handbag, and walked down the stairs, him following a few steps behind me.
"Where are you going, darling?"
"Somewhere away from here for now."
"Come on, please, just let me talk to you..."
But his voice calling me back grew fainter as my legs picked up pace, and I felt myself running down the driveway and street to the house of the only person I trusted at the moment, Miles Kane.