Chapter 13

I sat there in the studio bathroom with the door locked, the test in my hands, which were shaking like crazy. I was nervous. Also, whose was it? Alex's or Miles'? Then I remembered, it's ok, me and Miles didn't actually... do it. Thank god, then Alex would've definitely killed me. But it still would have been nice anyway... snap out of it, y/n. Don't think that.
I did what I needed to with the test, and put it on the side, stepping out of the room and waiting for the result. Those 30 minutes felt like forever as I stood there, my foot tapping the floor, and my hand tapping my arm. I felt sick for the result. I couldn't imagine how I would feel, no matter what happened. I would either be extremely disappointed, or extremely nervous, a mixture of emotions, I guess. Then it was time for me to go back in.
I opened the door, not looking at it first. I closed my eyes, then picked it up. I opened my eyes and looked at the result.
Holy fuck.

I sat down on the toilet, feeling faint as I stared at the test in disbelief. It couldn't be. I was pregnant, and it said at least 5 weeks.
Fucking hell.
How was I gonna tell Alex? How were we gonna do this? I couldn't think, and my brain kept manifesting every idea possible. Then there was a knock on the door, and a voice spoke. "Hey it's Nick. Is the bathroom free?"
"Yeah, yeah, of course. Just give me a minute."
"Aight."
I shoved the test deep into my pocket, being careful with it, then opened the door and stepped out to let Nick in. But I obviously hadn't hidden it well enough.
"Y/n... is that a-a..." He spoke with his mouth wide open, he then whispered, "A pregnancy test?"
There was no way of hiding it now. "Uh...yeah."
"Ok then. Alex know?"
"Not at all... he doesn't know I bought the test, and... he doesn't know the result."
"That's fine. I'm not gonna bother you anymore. Have a nice rest of your day, y/n."
"Thanks, O'Malley. See ya later. "
I walked back to grab my coat, being more careful with the test, and sliding it deep into my coat pocket. Me and Alex said goodbye to everyone, and went back home, my heart constantly pounding in my chest, nervous but excited to tell Alex the news. What would he think? I couldn't even imagine.

"You ok, darlin"?"
"Yes, of course."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, yeah."
Alex didn't bother me anymore on the drive back home, but he could tell that I was lying. I did catch him giving me a concerned glance every now and then, but apart from that, nothing. I had to tell him soon, but I didn't know when.