List and Data

Monday, February 5, 2025, at 4:00 PM
Faculty Office

Ms. Thompson: There they are... they've arrived!
Ms. Harrison: About time... do you know how long Principal Smith has been waiting for this data?
Ms. Thompson: Well, better late than never!
Ms. Harrison: Transfer them to my computer, I want to see them.
Ms. Thompson: Of course! One moment... done!
Ms. Harrison: Let's check... oh, that's strange.
Ms. Thompson: What is it?
Ms. Harrison: They're different from previous years... these contain additional information, not just grades, trips, and projects.
Ms. Thompson: What do you mean?
Ms. Harrison: Look here, there are statistics on how many students have dyed hair... how many follow a healthy diet... even how many are friends with the janitors!
Ms. Thompson: They seem amusing! Wait... what about this one?
Ms. Harrison: Let me check... OH GOD!
Ms. Thompson: What?
Ms. Harrison: I didn't think something like this was possible...
Ms. Thompson: What do you mean?
Ms. Harrison: Apparently, 6.8% of students in American schools have doubts about their sexual orientation or gender... some schools even offer afternoon courses to help students understand who they are attracted to or how they identify...
Ms. Thompson: Seriously? I never thought all of this was possible in a middle school.
Ms. Harrison: Okay... added!
Ms. Thompson: What?
Ms. Harrison: To the list.
Ms. Thompson: What list?
Ms. Harrison: Don't you remember? The one Principal Smith gave us at the beginning of the second semester.
Ms. Thompson: Oh, the list of extracurricular courses... WAIT, WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
Ms. Harrison: I mean including these LGBT lessons in one of our school courses.
Ms. Thompson: Are you really sure the principal would approve of such a course?
Ms. Harrison: He said we need to consider the data provided to us... and with this, the list will be complete... so tomorrow, we can submit it along with the data.
Ms. Thompson: Do you think any of our students will enroll in this course? Haven't you considered parents who are against this kind of topic? Or the fear that once enrolled, they might be teased?
Ms. Harrison: Right, I hadn't thought of that... we'll talk to the principal about it tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'll let him know the data has arrived, and the list is ready... you could talk about the course in some classes and see what the students think, okay?
Ms. Thompson: I can try!