Sadness

The usual work schedule was tiring. Jisoo could have quit a long time ago, she works 6 days a week for who knows how many hours. The girl reluctantly puts on a light shirt with a badge on her chest, tying a light brown apron over her jeans. She straightens her hair, gathering it into a high ponytail and still pondering her friend's proposal. Maybe Rose is right? For a change, she can just paint the tips.

-Jisoo, it's time to work.- The waitress sweeps past her and the lockers like a hurricane, waving her hand quickly. Kim can only sigh, slamming the metal door and heading into the hall.

The first visitors have already settled near the large panoramic windows decorated with small plants. The owner of this restaurant was terribly fond of succulents. That's why they were almost everywhere, starting with window sills and ending with shelves near the bar.

Rose was still at uni. Today she has an evening shift, while Jisoo was here from 9 to late at night. She still regretted that she left the university, but time cannot be turned back, she has to live with what she has. Maybe it was worth cutting the schedule here and taking a second job? Kim decides to mark it in her phone, leaving the reflections for later in the evening. She will have a lot of time while she takes the subway with a transfer to the bus home.

A one-room old apartment that waits for her every time on the outskirts of the city. It takes about 2 hours to drive. This is, in fact, a mockery, but there is enough money for living. Jisoo can't pull more, and it's her own fault.

The first hours of work always fly by unnoticed. Preparation, first clients. All this passes by as if nothing ever happened. When Rose arrives, the mood immediately creeps up the mark. The girl says that she sent some lecturers to hell, and also curses everyone who came up with the damn equations. Kim just patted her shoulder in a friendly way, distracting herself from the customers.

-Did you see her legs? It's a pity the breasts are too small, but you can squeeze an elastic ass.- Jisoo hears a quiet whisper after her and frowns again. Such phrases always discourage the desire to work in the service sector. She complains to Park, who looks contemptuously at the two men at the table.

-Then don't ask me why I think all men think about sex.- The blonde rolls her eyes, wiping the glass. She snorts contemptuously, noticing how the second guy tries to wink at her.- If it wasn't for work, I'd throw whiskey in their faces right now.

-I would drop hot soup on them, but alas, I still need a salary this month. Besides, what's the difference. There are guys who are very nice and smart.- Jisoo smiles dreamily, comfortably resting her head on her hands.

-Yes, such guys are only in TV shows and movies. That's it, Jisoo. Have any of the guys ever noticed you as a person?- Park asks, stirring the cocktail. She skillfully tosses the bottle, smiling at some girls at the table.

-Stop it... it's not time yet.- Jisoo mutters.- Let's not remember my exes, please.- The girl looks pleadingly at her friend, but she only twists her face.

-Is that the one who tried to steal from you? Or maybe the one who tried to drug you with something and rape you? Hmm, or maybe you're talking about that idiot jock?- Jisoo just curses softly, getting up from the bar stool and leaving.- Hey, I'm not serious!- But Jisoo doesn't care. She goes to the client who has taken her favorite place again.

Jennie, from the moment they met, has not become less gloomy. Still the same gaze into nowhere, which sometimes turned into predatory and frightening. The brunette pulls a polite smile, already knowing what the girl in front of her will say.

-Are you trying to deceive me again?- A quiet half-laugh, more mechanical than sincere. Jennie looks her up and down, as if trying to find something new.