It's Coming Around Chapter 3/10

They split their time between Johnny's apartment and Miyagi-Do. The Dojo had a bed and a TV now, but it was still a little cramped, so they ended up at Johnny's most nights.

The first time Daniel stayed over he felt an odd thrill about frantically making out with Johnny on his dirty couch, as he straddled Johnny's thighs, pushing his head back against the leather so he could kiss him roughly.

Daniel let out a loud moan as Johnny pressed a hand to his crotch, rubbing him through the soft cotton of his pants, then let out a loud scream as a cockroach ran across the back of the couch, and over his hand where he was gripping the leather.

The next day Johnny started making changes to the apartment; fumigating the place, repainting the walls, and changing his infested couch for a smart new black leather one.

A few days later the threadbare yellow chair that Daniel had always secretly thought might be harbouring a full colony of god knows what vermin was replaced by a tasteful white chair.

Little by little the place became somewhere that Daniel enjoyed being. It actually smelt nice for once, and as a treat he came home one day with a new set of bedding and high thread count sheets.

"Wow," Johnny said, as he held them. "These look really nice."

"Maybe we should break them in?" Daniel asked with a glint in his eye.

"Yeah, we should," Johnny said enthusiastically, as he grabbed the fitted sheet that was currently clinging to his bed and dragged it off.

"Oh," Daniel said, looking down at the stains in various shades of pale yellow and tan that covered the greying mattress.

"Ah," Johnny said, grimacing slightly. "Hey, I swear, man, I've never pissed in my bed regardless of what that looks like. I mean, yeah, maybe once-"

Daniel raised a hand to Johnny's mouth, and said, "Please don't complete that sentence. I'd rather live my life never knowing the end of that story."

Daniel bought a new bed and arranged for it to be delivered the next day.

"You didn't have to do that," Johnny said.

"Believe me," Daniel said, as he smoothed the protector over the pristine new mattress. "I definitely did."

They put the covers on the new pillows together, and set them at the head of the bed, then pulled the new comforter across it, tucking it in neatly.

They took a step back, and Johnny tilted his head. "Looks good."

"Yeah, it does," Daniel said with a smile.

"Wanna mess it up?" Johnny asked.

"Yup," Daniel replied, grinning.

They lay, panting, amid the now dirty sheets, and Daniel smiled up at the ceiling. There were cobwebs and dust on the dirty lampshade, but they didn't bother him so much.

He knew he'd have to start looking for a new place soon, somewhere big enough for Sam and Anthony to come stay at weekends, and a room for Robby too, just in case. For now though, Johnny's place was starting to feel a little like home.

*

"Why are you watching this?" Daniel asked, waving his hand at the TV angrily. "It's total trash. This isn't news."

"I want to know what's going on," Johnny said, shifting in his seat.

"We shouldn't interfere," the woman on the TV said.