// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪-𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖 //

hiraeth - part sixty-nine

»»——⍟——««

       It had been four days now, four days since Y/n had been left in the future. In that time, she had found herself taking sides with Goku Black and Zamasu, two deities who had made it their sole purpose to save the multiverse from mortals, beings who were corrupt and sought violence and war.

And yet, since meeting Y/n, they found their beliefs wavering, their ideals hesitant. Black had wanted to build a utopia, a world without violence, silence enveloping the small blue planet. But he had never really given the idea beyond that much thought. What would he do after that?

The Kai in him demanded he find purpose, reason to exist. Each and every part of the universe worked as a limb, an extension of itself. What use was this realm if he and Zamasu were the only ones to exist in it? What was the use of Black after he cleansed the twelve universes?

Initially, when planning to steal the body of Son Goku, Black had intended to end his own life after everything. Leave everything to one sole guardian, Zamasu. They were one in the same, so what did it matter? Besides, Black was mortal. He had to die as well, it was only right if they were to commit to the zero mortal plan.

But then he had found Y/n. It was strange to him how she fought tooth and nail for Goku, for the Earth. He had never seen a mortal go toe to toe with a god such as himself. He had never seen a mortal care so deeply for anything.

Then, after abandoning her on an empty Earth, Black had come to this timeline. The God of Destruction, Beerus, was already dead thanks to the Supreme Kai sacrificing his life. That had made things much quicker for Black, wiping out most of humanity over night. He had met Trunks, who also valiantly and bravely fought for his home. But he was different. He was weak, a coward in Black's eyes. Black was already aware of Trunks's past, and what he had done to the timeline. It was thanks to Trunks creating so many different timelines that Black's plan was even possible.

But then she showed up again. Y/n. She was with Goku and the others when Black had discovered where Trunks had escaped to, the past. Black, already aware of their connection, took advantage and spread doubt about her. He wanted her to crumble, so that she might not fight. He didn't want to fight her.

But she fought anyway. Even when she was losing herself, even when she stopped being able to discern reality from imagination, she fought. Black couldn't help but pity the poor girl, wondering if she knew it wasn't worth it. The things she were fighting for, it wasn't worth throwing her whole life away for.

Then, Black had recalled similar feelings towards himself. The need for purpose, reason to exist. This was Y/n's reason. She was the strongest, so it was only right she fought for everyone's survival, even for a world she did not live on, in a timeline she did not live in.

Black could not help the growing feeling within him to give her a better purpose, a better life. She was a special mortal, someone capable of change and growth. She didn't deserve the hand she had been dealt in this life. Black wanted her all to himself, he wanted to give her the utopia she deserved.

Part of him knew it was wrong, it was against his ideals. She was mortal, and needed to die. Just as Black needed to die, but yet, he found that urge fading away. He no longer wanted to die for the sake of the universe, he wanted to be with Y/n, he wanted to watch her bloom into the beautiful rose she was. That was the purpose he found himself wanting, to simply be at her side, alone and at peace for the rest of their short mortal lives.