Chapter 1

Sitting in the car, I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I read the text from Adam, who is my favorite cousin, saying "Dude, how far are you? I'm so excited to hang out!"

"I'm 5 minutes away! This'll be a great weekend."

*

Finally arriving at Adam's house, we come in and we are greeted by the family. I go to Adams room, which is at the end of the giant hallway to put all of my belongings in there. This is our annual 3 day hang out weekend. Adam and I then go to the basement with my brother Austin and Adam's brother Derek. They're both 15, and me and Adam are both 14, so we're pretty mature. We head down to play Black Ops zombies, but my ten-year-old sister goes to lay down because she has a horrible fever. We figure she'll be fine because it is only extremely hot out. We play more video games for about an hour until my aunt Stephanie calls us upstairs. She asks us if we all want to go to the movies and everyone says yes aside from me and Adam. We want to stay back to watch Ciara in case she needs us for anything. After they leave, me and Adam head to where Ciara is laying down to see how she's doing and she's burning up with a fever. We decide to call Adam's dad, my uncle Bryan, and tell him how Ciara's feeling. He says just to put a wet, cold towel on her head. We set it there and we shut the door and go to the living room to watch The World's Dumbest.

After a little bit, we hear Ciara start to cry and yell out names. She tells us that she feels worse than before, so the towel did absolutely nothing. So now we are getting pretty worried and freaked out because we are the only ones there to help her! We feel bad for continuously calling my aunt and uncle during their movie, so we decide to just go into the bathroom and get some random antibiotics since we don't know which does which. She takes the pills and we sit there in her room just to keep her company. We suddenly realize she stops breathing! We freak out. We have no idea what to do, so we try to bring her back by attempting CPR, but it's too late. My sister is gone.

I have never cried harder in my life. I need to call someone, call my aunt! She needs to come home! We call, it rings, but go figure, she doesn't want to answer her phone. We leave the room so we don't have to be in the room with my poor dead sister. This is not good, my sister dies and it's me and my cousin all alone in the house, no one to comfort us. We soon hear her moaning and making noises from her room! We run as fast as we can in there, and when the door opens, she has yellow eyes and runs after us! We shut the door and she's just hitting the door, like trying to break it down. We realize she is no longer human, and I can't believe my sister is this scary creature! "We have to get rid of this monster, but how?" I ask. "Do we kill it?" Adam asks. "No. We cannot, this is my sister we are talking about. I won't be able to do this! He walks away to his room, and I can here him shedding tears. I'm standing outside the door my "sister" is in, and Adam opens the door, and stabs it in the head with the Bowie knife he keeps under his bed! For one, how is he strong enough to go through the skull? And for 2, HOW CAN YOU KILL MY SISTER?