Chapter 2

Everyone gets home to see Ciara's dead body laying in the room. They weren't shocked, but they were devastated, as were me and Adam. I was confused on them not being shocked. They must know something that we don't, but what is it? Adam runs to his mom and hugs her as tight as possible with tears shedding from his face. He asks her "what is going, mom? Tell us what you know, please mom." She takes a second to respond because of the crying, but she says to us, "Ciara isn't the only one like this. We saw many of them on the streets, devouring other humans. We couldn't believe wh-" she's cut off by one of the monsters biting her in the neck. We don't know how it got in! Adam tackles the monster and starts to punch and kick it in the face repeatedly. It's brains have been bashed in by his shoe, but he keeps on going. It takes me and his younger brother, Luke, to pull him off. Blood is splattered everywhere.

We all circle around aunt Stephanie. This cannot be happening. "She's having trouble breathing! What can we do?! We have to save her!!!" Adam yells. Uncle Brian tries to calm him down and responds to him, saying in a shaky, tearful voice "There's nothing we can do." As aunt Stephanie Breathes her final breath. We all hug her dead body as we mourn over hers and Ciara's death. People said over the radio that whenever someone is bitten or scratched, destroy their brains. It'll keep them from turning into those zombie creatures. That's what we have to do to get rid of them and to prevent them. But I can't do thi- this to my wife." Everyone looks around and everyone is shedding thousands of tears, until Adam says that he'll do it. "I'll be the one too. I killed the zombie that killed her and I took care of ci-Ciara. I might as well take care of her." We walk away in sadness as we hear a knife go straight through her brain. We hear Adam crying harder than any of us did, which is totally understandable.

Erin, Adam's sister, the youngest of the four, is freaking out. She says as she sounds worrisome, "I want us all to protect each other the best we can." We all nod and do a big group. We see another zombie outside, walking towards the house. Luke decides to grab his air soft gun and see how much damage that can interpret. It takes about 3-4 perfect shots to finally pierce the brain. We decide that the air soft guns are our best bets for now, but a couple of us have knifes, just to consume the ammo. Uncle Brian is the only one without an air soft gun, but that's until he pulls out his hunting rifle and he hands Derek his hunting bow. We're ready to defend ourselves, just need a way to figure out how to keep these things from getting inside, but I guess Austin and Luke have taken care of that by setting their heaviest stuff outside in front of the windows and the doors so they can't even reach the house. I think we're prepared. No more people in this household should die.