Chapter 1: Earth Has the God's Attention

In an extravagant throne room, laced with blood-red marble walls, and where ten enormous raven-spiked pillars lined the room on either side, Sekhmet, the goddess of healing and war kneeled before the all-encompassing sun God Ra, ruler of the three worlds, that being the sky, earth, and underworld. Sekhmet's head bowed, her gaze meeting the granite rock floor.

   The sun God Ra, sat upon a mighty throne truly befit for a God; it was constructed of pure gold that sparkled in the torchlight, jewels of a rainbow of color embedded in the seat and headrest, while ancient illustrations were etched into the golden throne that seemed to come to life, they showed tells of age-old humans combating mighty beast, such as hoards of demons that paved a trail of destruction.

   The demons had sludgy black skin and thick horns that protruded out of their heads, with a pair of veiny bat wings and a smile that nearly split their faces, they burned towns and villages that left simmering corpses until they were-- confronted with a ten thousand-strong army who waged an extreme battle with them.

   The glorious depiction of narratives nearly makes the very throne itself a vessel of hidden knowledge that pharaohs would kill for. To slay their enemies and have unrivaled wisdom in the world of man.

   One image, however, grasped the most attention, it displayed Apep, the great serpent God of chaos.

   He was enveloped in a bath of seething fire, his serpent body dancing with the flames, curling and wringing in a spiral-like motion, the great pyramids stood in the backdrop; they appeared insignificant in his presence.

   Immense orbs of fire showered upon Apep, his mouth was-- opened wide, and it displayed his sharp fanged teeth, the serpent God's long glossy tongue jutted out-- hissing in an act of defiance, while the white beaming abyss that were the eyes of the serpent, seemed strong enough to kill any mortal that met his mighty gaze.

   "Father, you summoned me?" Sekhmet spoke with an ethereal elegance that would open and soothe hearts guarded by chains and walls.

   Ra, stood, his figure displayed in all of its grandeur, a golden headdress sat upon his falcon head that carried the sun disk and ran down to his chiseled chest, the overlapping gold shoulder pieces inscribed with meticulous emblems that represented good luck and fortune.
    A small pair of white feathery wings sprouted from his back, and his eyes were an intense hue of orange, as if two latent suns rested in his very eye sockets.

   Ra's clothes were a mix of protection and undescribable masculine beauty as if his very-- clothes were woven to display his status as the sun God, but to also reveal his finely crafted form.

   Sekhmet raised her head and marveled at the sight of her father. Being an extension of his power; she could feel his divine aura making her very being whole just by being in his presence. She was, after all, the eye of Ra.

   "Yes, a task only my eye can execute." The sun god's voice was strong-- yet soft. Sekhmet's piercing golden eyes followed him, waiting for more words to leave his royal blue beak.

   "Regarding mankind," Ra said, beginning to slowly pace back and forth around his golden throne. Sekhmet's head leaned in slight confusion, "The mortals? Are they undermining your power yet again, father?" She snarled, her voice becoming harsh; completely opposite from moments before.

   If there's one-- thing Sekhmet hated, it was the disillusionment of her glorious father from mortals who have constantly tried to conspire against her father's authority.

   "Do they need to be put back in line?" Sekhmet questioned, having once before set mankind back in their place, her formidable presence alone would do well to sanctify any mortal who thinks they can stand against her father Ra.