three | a moment of freedom

Something definitely
changed...

Ruby's been happy for the past few days

Ruby's been happy for the past few days. It was evident in her smile and her overall condition. Perhaps her disease really depends on her happiness, which she currently has right now.

And so, Ruby was able to attend the horseback riding event hosted by Ellen. Arriving at the venue, she saw a few familiar faces and some unfamiliar ones. She might have already encountered some of them at the recent banquet, but she was just uncomfortable at that time to remember. She should really make use of this opportunity to get to know them!

"Lady Rudbeckia, it's really you!" While Ruby was looking around, a familiar face came up to her. Freya had her usual smile as she walked towards her.

"I'm glad you've recovered, and that you've come." Freya clutched her hands as if she was already familiar with her, but Ruby allowed so as she found nothing wrong with the gesture. Perhaps her friendliness was what made her endearing... that's why people were naturally drawn to her.

When Ruby realized that she was spoiling her own mood, she snapped out of it and focused her attention on the person in front of her.

"Thank you for your well wishes. It's my first time attending this kind of event, so I don't want to miss it."

Freya was about to respond when Ellen walked in. She was dressed in comfortable clothes suited for horseback riding. Ruby found herself staring at her sister-in-law, who looked incredibly good on her clothes. Their genes are really insane...

"Hello there, Ellen!" Freya was the first one to acknowledge her presence, and Ruby soon followed.

"Hi, Ellen. Thanks for inviting me!"

Ellen nodded at both of them. "I hope you'll find this event enjoyable. Since it's your first time, you may either enjoy some talks with the ladies or if you're feeling up to it, we can go horseback riding. What do you think, Ruby?"

Ellen looked at her, patiently waiting for her reply. Meanwhile, Freya had this urging look as though she wanted her to choose the latter option.

Ruby ended up agreeing. She was perfectly in good health, by the way. Moreover, she could ride horses, thanks to her knowledge in her past life. This should be easy for her.

"I suggest this horse for you. She's docile and easy to handle. She should be good for you, Lady Rudbeckia."

Looking alternately between Freya and the horse, Ruby eventually nodded. However, when she took another look at the horse, she instantly felt uncomfortable... as if she was being belittled. It must be only her imagination, right?

Opening her eyes, she was surprised when she saw a familiar face, now walking towards her.

Izek had his one eyebrow slightly raised, as if he found something weird about her. Instinctively, Ruby beamed her usual smile, but for some reason, the corners of her mouth didn't feel like twitching now. Was it because she's genuinely happy to see him?