Chapter 1: Mundane to Detain

Author's Note: Alright. Heyo! For all those who are reading this for the first time. Yes, it is my first time so I know there's alot to polish up. But enjoy and take your time.
I've read some novels but I lean more on anime, so don't expect me to be too have big vocabulary.
Character appearance will also be affected by such.

So enjoy readers!
Talk to you after the chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~••

'I could really go for some bananas right now.'

A young man named Izika sighed after putting down the last box on a stack of four others, wiping the sweat on his forehead. The world he lived in? It was unparalleled with how it ran, from sparkling beauty to being foul and noxious.

At a large company, by the large storage warehouses trucks had just drove through the large doors of the houses. The air was somewhat dusty thanks to a desert landscape which could be seen by the horizon. The smell of many produced goods and cardboard filled the air, giving it a sweet yet bitter like scent. Like the smell of petrol... Don't sniff that, trust me.

Anyways, inside one of the warehouses, many workers were moving up and down. Moving boxes and equipment from one place to another so that no one can scratch their heads if they are looking for something.

Izika sighed and wiped his forehead as he looked upward. "Hey! Can you take this one?! It's the last box for the day!"

Above him was a woman who was standing on a large flat piece of metal which was hovering in midair. The woman nodded and the metal from the flat platform molded into a chain, lowering down to where the two were. The chain wrapped around the box and slowly rose off the ground as it was retracted back to the woman above.

"Hey! No slacking off! There is a new delivery!"

Izika turned his head to where he had heard his orders. "Yes sir."

Izika quickly walked over to a large truck which had many boxes stacked inside. Many other workers were already offloading the boxes, so all that Izika had to do was just move them from the truck to the other side of the warehouse. Easier said than done, especially with the boxes being much more heavier than they appeared to be.

Anything spice to his life? It would seem to be just the other day when he was brought here through illegal means. All he was doing was looking for a cure but ended up being sold off to another land, and the worst part of it all? Izika ended up being here because he, in simple terms, touched something which shouldn't have been touched.

"Finally..." Izika sighed as he placed the last box onto the ground.

'This is tiring, too tiring... atleast I have a job. I'm sure my family would refuse to do so, but hey, I'm getting paid... I wonder how they are doing?'

Izika stood up straight and stretched his arms as a worker told him to duck down. Izika obeyed and avoided a floating stone platform from hitting his head, letting the platform with boxes on it continue floating to where it's needed.

Hearing footsteps getting closer to him Izika turned his head to where the sound was coming from, seeing a slim man wearing a light grey tuxedo. "You needed something Sir?"

"No need Izika. Just have some work for you to do. It's surpring in how you know the sound of my footsteps, it's honestly creepy to know." The man said as he looked down at Izika as Izika shrugged.

Izika turned to let his body face him. "What can I say? Being quiet leaves me with an open mind to know what's around me. The work you had for me?"

The man nodded in agreement. "True. The work you'll be doing will be with one of our best delivery guys. We have fresh supplies which are needed to be sent to the Imperial palace by midnight."