warmth

"You're going out in that?" His concerned voice and eyes wandered over to the girl who wore her light blue sweater and a skirt despite it being cold outside, the girl looked at him like it was the most obvious thing she could ever do.
"What?" She replied making eye contact with him with his sweet eyes but oh boy was he worried as hell, his mind raced through all sorts of things is she going to freeze to death?
"It's cold outside"
"Baby it's cold outside" she chuckled making mark roll his eye amused she could make a joke right now when she could freeze herself when it's cold.
"It's really cold love."
"I've got a warm jacket with me"
"You are joking, please change into something more warm I don't want you to be cold" YN sighed.
"I've got you with me and nothing can make me more warmer than that"
"I-" he paused letting her words sink before clearing his voice.
"Alright let's go" he interwinded their hands knowing she wasn't going to listen no matter what he told her.

"If you're cold tell me I've got a warm jacket, I might have to hide you in my arms all the way back home if you're cold" he joked making her laugh.
"I'd love that"
Their small laughs ran past through the chilly air, the busy day with the loud cars honking, the bus with busy business people and the trains all going for work and there they were at eachother's side.
They had waited for this moment so much to just take a moment to feel their presence that they had eachother, they had forgotten to take the bus which had then lead to them walking and missing buses along the way.
YN couldn't lie how cold it had started to become, the legs that she refused to covered starting to turn cold to the point it was starting to turn into ice.
It was too late for regrets now.

"And there goes our bus" the boy sighed watching the buses spilled with people drive past them making her laugh.
"The buses are literally mocking us right now"
"They really are"
"You're already hot as hell I don't see why they aren't stopping the damn bus for you" the response had already set the boy to start laughing at her words finding it amusing, she was amusing and he loved it, he adored her.
"Actually I think it's better they don't, we might end up having car accidents-" she stopped to realise her words looking at him suprised.
"YN-"
"Fire truck-"

~~~

After the torturing coldness which she refused to admit that was killing her the two finally reached the small café ordering two coffee for one another.
"It's so warm in here" mark entered as he sat down with people inside on their laptop finishing off their work, it made him think how he would be if he had that university life, sensing the bittersweetness of him she spoke up.
"Warm like your heart" she waited for his response or reaction.

Complete silence

"That was horrible, one of the worst ones yet love" he shook his head as she rolled her eyes, taking in the coffee as the coziness of the café embraced them.
"Yeah as if you can do better"
"I actually can like-" he paused seeing her not surprised face, he let out a sigh knowing she didn't believe him.
"Okay here's one-"
"Be there or be square" she grinned cutting the boy off.
"That's not even a-"
"And no one wants to be a square..."
There it was, mark's embarrassed face as he groaned whining about how that was because they were younger and it has nothing to do with such lines.
"Alright fine I'll hear you out"

Mark Immediately sat up straighter focusing back on her, he was ready to say this one Johnny had given such good ones this time, that was what he thought.
"I must be a snowflake, because I've fallen for you" he had a grin on his face and she could tell he was satisfied with it, he was always like that, he finds small things like this nice and cool immediately even if people don't think so but she liked it that way, she adored him.

"You're a snowflake why aren't you falling?" She teased making him groan.
"You're no fun"
"Says you"
The boy rolled his eyes at the response, his eyes watching the people inside the café all concentrated on their works for uni, he admired their hardwork even as an idol the work of a uni student was also hard they had to survive through essays and hardest defining them every step and mistakes they make along the path, he wondered what he would've been like if he was just a regular student, it hurt him in a different way than he thought, idols sure make great sacrifices.

The two admired the atmosphere, it was calm the rain that fell as the shelter above them protected them.
"You know when drinking coffee, I can't really take it seriously because I always remember Johnny's line" mark grinned remembering the cup of coffee.
"Oooh yeah he's something else."
"He is indeed"
"Mark?"
"Yeah?"
"My dad knew I liked beans..." She smirked making the boy chuckle before he cleared his voice sitting up.
"So he was just playing with beans, then he dropped it and dropped the rock, then it slid and hot water started falling" he moved his hands as the ocean making her laugh at the gesture, their eyes looking at eachother fondly before the next words.

"And then coffee"

~~~

"Tell the truth, you were really cold were really cold weren't you?"

"I wasn't"
"Sure you weren't"
In reality when they had decided to go back home, mark had pulled her into his chest wrapping his coat around them as the bus came, YN nearly passed out from the action.
"Thank you for the warmth"
"No problem, I told you I'd hide you in my arms if I had to" he smiled bringing her into his arms again.
"Flirt" she laughed against his chest yet hugging him back, her body was still cold so she hugged him closer, he was somehow always warm was it because he was kind hearted?
It probably was, there was a gentle loving kiss placed on her forehead.

"A flirt only for you love"

Based on a true story of mine except I was with my best friend🤭
The amount of reads on this story is killing me I don't deserve it what the hell?
But thank you all for giving this book a chance you all are so lovely.
Started this book back in August 2022 till December 2023 thank you all reading this I don't really where I went with this book but I continued writing it because of you all so thank you, mark lee imagines have finally finished thank you very much😭❤️

Published: Saturday 30th December 2023
Book: complete