The Realization

Present:-

Shubman was practicing short balls with Siraj when Ishan caught up to him.

'Hey Shubi, there you are how come you always seem to disappear when i need you the most' - Ishan panted out.

'Spill it out Ish, what do you need me for?'

'So you know Aditi right?'

Shubman felt a slight pang in his heart. Its just from the workout, he convinced himself. 

He nodded.

'And I think that's my cue to leave. You two please continue' - Siraj huffed out and walked away leaving the two of them alone once again.

'So yeah Aditi.. Guess what? She just texted me and wants to meet up later this week when she's in town.'

For some odd reason Shubman found it hard to be happy for him. He was his best friend. So the prospect of Ishan getting a girlfriend should make him happy, Right?

Was something wrong with him?

'That's great Ish, you agreed right?' - Shubman asked with the fakest smile he could muster.

Usually Ishan would be able to see right through his facade, but this time he was so distracted by Aditi, he failed to notice. And that hurt Shubman more than he would like to admit.

'Oh you bet I did.' Ishan began but was interrupted by the vibration of the phone in his hand

'Speak of the devil. Look Aditi's calling. i have to run now but I promise I'll catch up to you later'

Ishan sprinted away still clutching the phone in his hands

Shubman was left alone to his thoughts once again. His thoughts began to spiral.

A part of him wished Aditi never called. No... no,

What was wrong with him? Why cant he be normal? What kind of a friend was he? Wishing to rob his best friend off his happiness.

And why should this even matter, its not like he is lo...

Time came to a standstill as the cold realization crept up his shoulders.

He was in love with his best friend.

AN: So this was a bit of a short one. I love making Shubi suffer. So I decided to make him realize his feelings way early on in the story so he can bear the burden alone. Hahaha. Most of the time Shubman's the one in love with Sara so I decided to spice it up a bit. See you in the next one.