Chapter 1

I spread my toes out in the sand while laying down on my bright pink towel.

"Thanks mom" I sighed to myself with a smile.

"Who are you talking to?" A voice I didn't recognize asked me.

I opened my eyes to look up at the person speaking, He had brown hair put up in a quiff and pale skin with tattoo's scattered across his arms. I didn't recognize him so maybe he's one of my brother's friends sense this is a private beach I don't know how else he would gain access.

"My mother" I answered bluntly closing my eyes and laying back down.

"Oh" He said simply.

I expected him to walk away after our short conversation but he just stood there.

"May I help you?" I asked him without opening my eyes.

"Well your Grandma asked me to come out here and offer you some lemonade" He spoke in a hush tone.

"Sure I'll have some"

As he started to walk away I called out to him, "Wait who are you?"

He turned around, "My Grandpa is friends with your Grandmother we're going to be staying here for the summer, my name's Colton"

"Oh cool I'm Francesca" I waved him off.

How come Grandma didn't tell me that we were going to have guests this summer?

Oh well...

"Here" I sat up and grabbed my drink.

"Thanks"

"Francesca! Come in you too Colton, Grandma says its gonna storm" My brother called us in from the door way.

I got up grabbing my towel and drink heading towards the stairs that led up to our large beach house.

"I'll race ya up the stairs" Colton laughed running in front of me causing me to stop and look at him.

"I don't run sorry"

"Why not?"

"Asthma" I looked up at the forming storm clouds.

"Oh sorry"

"It's fine" I looked at him with a blank stare.

Soon enough there was a crackle of thunder and it was pouring down on us.

"Shit" Colton cursed running up the stairs.

I stood and watched him for a bit then slowly made my way up, I personally love the rain it clears my mind and relaxes me.

Once I stepped foot in our living room I was pretty much soaked and my lemonade was basically water now.

"Oh darling get upstairs and dry off, the air conditioners in here are going to give you a cold" My Grandmother spoke sweetly.

I just nodded and went up the stairs to my bedroom. Our beach house was decorated with everything you would expect: Seashells, Lighthouse pillows, fishnets, etc. But I loved it the whole house was basically made out of glass.

I passed by my brothers room hearing my name.

"Does Francesca even smile?" Colton laughed.

"Rarely, Grandma says she has depression or some shit all she does is mope around and spend half her days on the beach" My brother Flynn spoke with a laugh.

With a sigh I continued my way to my room, I plopped down on my blue bed sheets not bothering to change out of my wet one piece bathing suit.

"No don't let their words get to you" I spoke to myself softly getting up and turning on my Speakers blasting music.

I peeled my bathing suit off pulling on my red lifeguard shorts and sweatshirt tying up my dark brown hair in a high ponytail. I took the wet bathing suit and placed it on the drying rack by my window.

"Hey Fran turn down the music will ya?" Flynn semi stepped into my room.

"No" I said simply plopping down onto my bed.

Flynn let himself in and turned down my music himself.

"The storm outside makes it loud enough the last thing I need is your crappy music adding to the noise"

10 minutes later

"Dinner is done come down stairs darlings" My Grandma pulled me out of my thoughts by calling for us at the bottom of the steps.

I dragged myself off the bed softly stepping down the stairs.

"What took you so long I was ready to take your plate of food too" Flynn looked at me with a playful smirk.

I didn't respond, I just looked around our dark brown kitchen table my eyes landing on a old man with soft blue eyes and white hair.

"Hello" I greeted him with a kind smile.

"Hello I'm Clayton's Grandpa you can call me Lewi if you would like, it's a pleasure to meet you finally your Grandmother speaks so fondly of you" Clayton's Grandfather gives me a quick smile.

"It's lovely to meet you too I'm Francesca" I gave him a small bow then sat down at my usual seat next to Flynn.

Clayton took his seat next to me so I sat in between him and my brother. After everyone has already began eating the pasta my Grandma prepared I still sat there staring at my food.

"Nana may I bring my dinner outside?" I looked up at her with pleading eyes.

I hated eating at this stuffy table where I felt like everyone was judging me, plus when I'm outside on the beach I can talk to mom.

"Franny darling the sand is still wet from the storm are you sure you will be comfortable out there?" She gave me a gentle look.

"Yes"

"Go ahead then darling, take a towel from the shelf so you can sit down more comfortably"

I nodded grabbing my food and drink. I listened to my Grandma's orders and grabbed a plain white beach towel from the shelf. Making my way outside I took a deep breath smelling a beautiful mixture of salt water and rain. I let out a satisfied sigh as I slowly stumped down the wide wooden stairs careful not to drop anything. I put my food down gently on the wet sand and spread the towel out taking my seat.

"Mom the boys are so mean" I spoke quitely taking a large bite of my pasta.
"What would you do if you were in my situation?" I asked her...I knew there was no answer coming but I still asked and I waited.

I will always wait for a reply even though I'll never get one. Because maybe one day when I die I'll see mom up there and then she'll be able to answer my questions.

A/n

Hello, how is everyone? This is a story I've been working on for a while now and I'm really proud of it and enjoy writing it so I finally decided to publish it. If you would like you can check out my other stories as well. Comment and vote 😊 xoxo