𝟎𝟑𝟕 ― little bunny

"ANOTHER UNDERCOVER mission?"

Price sets his files down on the table. "Yes. In Oslo. Big party. There is a member of Makarov's company who is going to be there. His name is Alexei and he's our target. He's one of Makarov's advisors."

"So, what's the plan?" Ellie asks.

"Intel tells us that he will be carrying a flash drive that contains information on the chemical weapons they've been making. The mission is simple: get the drive. Don't screw up."

"That's helpful, Captain," Soap chuckles. "Who's going?"

"Everyone. But not everyone is going to the party. I need two people inside and the rest waiting outside just in case things go south. Who's volunteering?" No one speaks up. "Alright, who wants to volunteer before I voluntell you?"

They all look around at one another, Price sighing as he takes off his hat.

"Fine. Ellison, you're one of my partygoers."

"What?" she asks. "Why me?"

"You're the only one here besides Gaz who looks like they belong at a party."

Soap scoffs. "That's rude, Price."

He ignores the comment, saying, "Speaking of Gaz, I suppose that you both could rekindle your fake romance and be a couple aga-,"

"No."

Price stops and they all turn to look at Ghost who is shaking his head. "What was that, Lieutenant?" Price asks.

"No. I'm going with her."

Price laughs. "No offense, Simon, but you stick out like a sore thumb."

"Yeah, the mask kinda gives you away," Gaz adds.

"I won't be wearing the mask, Sergeant Garrick," Ghost retorts, voice tense. "I'll go without it."

"But-,"

"I'm going." Ghost shifts in his seat. "We'll be the doting, loving couple." 

"Ghost," Price starts to say, pausing after he meets Ghost's eyes. "You sure about that?"

Ghost nods silently.

"Alright. I have my couple. Let's go over the game plan."

Ellie applies the last of her mascara, making sure her hair is in place. She fixes the straps of her dress before she leaves the bathroom. Simon is getting ready out where the bed is, the other members of their team are in the hotel room next door. She sighs as she examines herself. It's been a long time since she's gotten dolled up in makeup and a party dress.