(Not the first chapter, just a preview)

The first chapter is already out!! Expect a new chapter no later than every Wednesday.

Anyways, here is the overall plot and game explanation. Please give me ideas or inspiration in the comments, I'm open to any and all constructive criticism !! I hope I can develop this story into something great and this is just my first couple ideas, let me know what I can do to make it better >3<  <333

A paintball influenced novel where everyone in the state is separated into teams of different colors, but if you get shot three times, you get executed.

You have to join the game once you turn 19 or older and Wisteria Laurie turns eighteen in 5 days. A handful of teams already have their eye on her since she's been training for years and is the best junior paintball player in her state. Hot-headed, stubborn, headstrong, intelligent, and calculated, Wisteria is known as the player with the most potential out of any other in her state.

The game starts January 1, and only 1 of the 30 teams in your state get to pass to the national competition, leaving 50 teams to compete in nationals, where things get more intense.

Each team has 20 people, your team winning if 9 or more players are still standing. Any less than 9, and you are all sent home, a disgrace to your community.

Must your team move on to nationals, the stakes are higher than ever since now 3 of the 9 or more people must win and move on to the elite, the other six being killed and executed rather than being sent home, only 10 of the 50 teams rising to that level.

Becoming the team in the elite is the final and most difficult stage of the game, since now you have only 3 people in your team, 10 teams in total. If your team wins, you all split $40 mil, each person getting approximately $13.33 mil each.

A guy from team navy tries to convince Wisteria by offering her money, as he is very rich. A girl from team hot pink tries to convince her by promising her immunity, as she has secrets untold. Team yellow attempts to recruit Wisteria by threatening her life. Team violet has a unique approach, however, and they promise to find her mother, someone who has been lost for many years.

Whose team will she join? Will she take team violet up on their offer?