Before securing Sect Leader Jin you must first secure a regent

"Hello everyone, it's great to be back! Ah, I thought I'd never see my father's home again thanks to my er-ge. A-Ling, this Jin Xuanyu thanks you from the bottom of his heart for inviting me. I shall strive to live up to your expectations."

"Absolutely not!"

"Jin Rulan what is wrong with you?!"

"Have you lost your mind?! That is the Yiling Laozu!"

Some of the elders protested loudly.

A strong wave of killing intent silenced the entire hall. Sect Leader Jiang was furious!

Oh Jin Rulan was in for it now! Everyone knew that he hated the Yiling Patriarch.

Except to their utter shock and horror, Sect Leader Jiang scolded them!

"Is this the way the Jin sect conducts themselves? You would give absolutely no face to your sect leader even in the presence of another sect leader and a sect heir? Normally I'd let you do it, but your sect leader happens to be my nephew. What should I do then if you make him lose face like this? Will you sit down and shut up and let him explain himself or do I need to make you?"

The sheer pressure of his spiritual power had them trembling.

The elders wanted to protest again but Sect Leader Jiang could go up against several of them at a time without breaking a sweat... and there was still the matter of the Yiling Patriarch standing there watching them with a strange smile on his face.

If he decided to attack them too they would not be getting out of here even with their souls intact.

If it was only Sect Leader Jiang, the most foolishly brave of them might have still tried to remind him of his place once more. But up against both him and the Yiling Laozu, nobody dared step a toe out of line.

Jin Ling sighed, and shook his head as if disappointed.

"I was going to do this in private, but since the elders insist on questioning me in front of everyone, then let's continue this shall we, with the entire sect as witnesses?"

"Go ahead Sect Leader Jin," said Sect Leader Jiang, very pointedly stressing Jin Ling's title, "Explain."

"Uncle Xuanyu found out what Former Sect Leader Jin was doing while he was here at the Jin sect. He threatened to tell Sect Leader Jiang, who he knew had an intense hatred of demonic cultivation. This led to him being framed by Former Sect Leader Jin, who knew that uncle Xuanyu was a cutsleeve. He said that Uncle Xuanyu had been in love with him and tried to make a move on him and he painted him as a crazy incestuous freak so that nobody would believe him if he spoke out because everyone would think that Mo Xuanyu was just lying to get back at him for rejecting him and kicking him out of the sect."

"Of course, as we all know, the one who was interested in their own sibling was not uncle Xuanyu..." Jin Ling paused, letting it sink in, "but Former Sect Leader Jin himself. Isn't it funny that he accused uncle Xuanyu of doing the thing that he himself was doing?"

The entire dining hall was so silent you could hear a pin drop. This was a mark of shame for them that was bigger than the fact that their past sect leader was a 'villain'.

The Jins were Jins. They understood wanting power.

Marrying your own sister though? Procreating with said sister?

Even they weren't that desperate.

Of course as four of the people in the room knew, that was not Jin Guangyao's fault, but Jin Guangshan's. Jin Guangyao might have done terrible things, but this situation was definitely not one of his own making. It was a tragedy for him and his wife. Arguably, Jin Guangshan was really to blame for quite a lot of Jin Guangyao's situation. But nobody in the sect cared about that and Jin Ling certainly couldn't condemn his grandfather publicly.