~Chapter 2~

chakachann0 / lauren on pinterest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we eventually went to bed, I couldn't sleep. I was overcharged. I could only stay awake, and instead of suffering in my tent, I went out to stargaze. Around three in the morning, I heard something coming from Dottore's tent. It sounded like sobs of some sort.

He might not seem like the type, but he often gets nightmares. Some of those times, they're so bad that he can't sleep for the next few days. And they're all about his past. For once, I feel bad for a human being. I always try to convince him to talk to someone, even me, when he gets them. I don't mind being woken up by him anyway. But he's always too embarrassed, saying things like "A harbinger shouldn't cry", or "It's nothing to stress about, just pathetic nightmares."

I truly empathize with him.

He's the only being in this world that understands me, and I'm the only one that understands him.

So I went for it. I went into his tent. And it looks like I was correct, he was having nightmares again.

I put my hand out an gently touched his forehead. I found myself inside of his dream. It was horrible to see him there, crying in an alleyway. He was saying such worthless things about himself and I hated to see it. I started lightly crying as well. When I exited the dream, i caressed his cheek, trying to comfort him while humming

"~♪~" (Whence the Flow Cometh)

(For this part of the story, if you want to be fully immersed, i suggest listening to the melody, closing your eyes and just imagining the scene for a little bit. It's really calming.)

My song had somewhat soothed him, and he seemed to calm down a little. I continued to hum and gently trace my fingers over his body, comforting him, and eventually pulling him into a light hug. His breathing steadied, and his shaken up aura died down. We stayed like that for a few minutes before I went into his mind again, just to see if he was alright. When I made sure that he was sleeping soundly, I went back outside and laid on the grass, watching the stars again. I smiled to myself, hoping I could cuddle him like that some time again. 

I enjoyed the quiet night.

It gave me time to think for myself.

To think about him.

Then, I heard a certain someone's annoying voice.

"Ah, Y/N! It's not often you're seen away from Snezhnaya, to what occasion do I owe the pleasure?"

"Don't act like we're old friends, Barbados. The only reason I'm not strangling you to death right now is because I'd wake him up. And while we're at that topic, keep it down you screeching rat."

"Awwh, no need to be so rude now! Hmm, is that your boyfriend in the tent? I never knew a person such as you would succumb to lov-"

Before he could finish the sentence, he was stopped by me holding a knife to his throat.

"I'm not afraid to kill a God, Barbados. Don't test me. And if you utter those words and my name in the same sentence one more time I swear to Celestia I will cut your vocal cords out so that you can't scream while I brutally torture you to death.", I say while giving him a death glare, then finally putting him down.

"Now then, I'd appreciate if you'd let me stargaze in peace.", I say while giving him a cold glare, before laying back down on the ground and returning my gaze to the night sky.

"Hmm... How about this? I'll leave you alone if you hum that tune again while I play the lyre!" he says in a happy tone, "And I'd prefer if you could call me Venti.", and slaps that smirk of his back onto his face again.